BIG EAST Expands FloSports Streaming Agreement | The Boneyard

BIG EAST Expands FloSports Streaming Agreement

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score

"The digital platform complements the BIG EAST’s expansive national television deal with FOX Sports, which offers comprehensive annual coverage of regular season men’s and women’s basketball games, including the BIG EAST Men’s and Women’s Basketball Tournaments presented by JEEP, as well as BIG EAST Olympic sport championships. CBS Sports also annually airs select BIG EAST men’s and women’s basketball games along with several Olympic sport contests. Additionally, SNY annually airs upwards of 18 UConn women’s basketball games."

Reaction Score
Wouldn't it be nice if we knew exactly which games each service will offer? Is this just too difficult to do? Which games will Fox televise? which will SNY offer? Is there going to be overlap? Also, remember how we'd have to hang around until the last minute to see if Fox was doing a Husky game? If not, we were off to SNY (if it were available).
I believe that most of us want to see ALL of UConn's games. Can't we find out how to do that BEFORE the season starts?

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Wouldn't it be nice if we knew exactly which games each service will offer? Is this just too difficult to do? Which games will Fox televise? which will SNY offer? Is there going to be overlap? Also, remember how we'd have to hang around until the last minute to see if Fox was doing a Husky game? If not, we were off to SNY (if it were available).
I believe that most of us want to see ALL of UConn's games. Can't we find out how to do that BEFORE the season starts?
First they have to finalize the schedules, then its usually negotiation to see who gets which games. SNY will take any game that the networks won't, and some OOC games will be determined by the Home team and which network holds the rights to that team. I think.

Reaction Score
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not paying a bunch of different streaming services to see a game...even UCONN. It's past ridiculous that you pay for cable and then in addition, you pay these streamers. Let them fight it out with the ISPs. I like my steak cut up, but my sports platforms....not so much. IMO...this is a great opportunity for these schools to collectively create a communications school and learning for their students and take control of their own broadcasting and cut out some of these middle men. For example, Syracuse has Newhouse.

Reaction Score
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not paying a bunch of different streaming services to see a game...even UCONN. It's past ridiculous that you pay for cable and then in addition, you pay these streamers. Let them fight it out with the ISPs. I like my steak cut up, but my sports platforms....not so much. IMO...this is a great opportunity for these schools to collectively create a communications school and learning for their students and take control of their own broadcasting and cut out some of these middle men. For example, Syracuse has Newhouse.
My daughter was in Newhouse.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
If I remember correctly SNY and Fox has an agreement that SNY's games will be aired by Fox's streaming app. I think the agreement was for at least 3 years.

Reaction Score

"The digital platform complements the BIG EAST’s expansive national television deal with FOX Sports, which offers comprehensive annual coverage of regular season men’s and women’s basketball games, including the BIG EAST Men’s and Women’s Basketball Tournaments presented by JEEP, as well as BIG EAST Olympic sport championships. CBS Sports also annually airs select BIG EAST men’s and women’s basketball games along with several Olympic sport contests. Additionally, SNY annually airs upwards of 18 UConn women’s basketball games."
ESPN will probably horn in on some of the tastiest confrontations ( UCONN-So Car?)

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
ESPN will probably horn in on some of the tastiest confrontations ( UCONN-So Car?)
First it depends if the game is a regular home-home series or if it is like the Tennessee - UConn series, which is 100% owned by ESPN. A regular home-home series is televised by the home team's conference network. Last year's SC game was televised by the Big East's Fox family of networks, FS1. The upcoming game is going to be televised by ESPN. The Hall of Fame game is owned by ESPN so they will televise that. There are a few Big East games that CBS has rights to televise. All of the remaining games that aren't on Fox, CBS, or ESPN will be on SNY, which is UConn's official network.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom