Big East demolishes SEC in Challenge | The Boneyard

Big East demolishes SEC in Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
9-3 and SHU should have beaten LSU. Most of the games weren't close.

I will miss this league when Syracuse, Rutgers and Louisville leave.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I know it'll sound small-time, but I'd really prefer a Big East-Atlantic 10 challenge. Better opponents, plus chances for teams to pick up solid road wins against Top 75 teams.

Beats playing Ole Miss.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I know it'll sound small-time, but I'd really prefer a Big East-Atlantic 10 challenge.

That would be too large a violation of the Great Chain of Being.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I know it'll sound small-time, but I'd really prefer a Big East-Atlantic 10 challenge. Better opponents, plus chances for teams to pick up solid road wins against Top 75 teams.

Beats playing Ole Miss.

The A-1o is to basketball what the BE is to football. It doesn't get enough respect. So beating Ole Miss looks like a bigger win than beating St. Joes, even if its isn't.

Reaction Score
The A-1o is to basketball what the BE is to football. It doesn't get enough respect. So beating Ole Miss looks like a bigger win than beating St. Joes, even if its isn't.

Except that in hoops, the people who matter (the selection committee) work much harder at determining what is a good win and what isn't, and who is good today as opposed to 30 years ago, than the people who run college football do.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Except that in hoops, the people who matter (the selection committee) work much harder at determining what is a good win and what isn't, and who is good today as opposed to 30 years ago, than the people who run college football do.

And with 30+ games, they have a better frame of reference. It's hard in football. Is Oregon or K-State more deserving than Bama? I don't know. Nobody knows. But in any event, the TV people and media also matter, and to them the SEC is a major and the A-10 is not.

Reaction Score
People who follow CBB respect and know how good the A-10 is. BE football doesn't get any respect and it shouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom