Big East Day 2 (UConn’s 1st game) schedule with TV info

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
2865AA09-1E73-44A3-9E4F-24DE7E8F1A07.jpeg

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
So UConn plays winner of Butler/Georgetown and, if they win, will play either St John's or Marquette, both of which won their last game against UConn.

It's not like the good ol' days.
I hope that UConn has an easy win against Butler/Georgetown, while the St John's/Marquette game goes into triple overtime and both teams are so exhausted it doesn't matter who UConn plays less than 24 hours later.:D

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
So UConn plays winner of Butler/Georgetown and, if they win, will play either St John's or Marquette, both of which won their last game against UConn.

It's not like the good ol' days.
This year, the tournament is wide open. UConn is not a “shoe-in” to win it. Every game will be an adventure. Nothing should be taken for granted.

Reaction Score
I hope you UConn fans will use this thread to educate us “outsiders” about the Big East teams and tournament games . Even teams that you are unlikely to face in the conference tournament. Any dark horses?

Next year, I hope y’all keep an ongoing thread ( or series of threads) on this board to discuss other Big East teams and weekly matchups of interest)

For now, how many Big East teams ( and who) do y’all consider worthy of NCAA tourney bids other than UConn and Princeton? Last years’ Cinderella, Creighton? Who else?

Educate me please. Thanks.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
I hope you UConn fans will use this thread to educate us “outsiders” about the Big East teams and tournament games . Even teams that you are unlikely to face in the conference tournament. Any dark horses?

Next year, I hope y’all keep an ongoing thread ( or series of threads) on this board to discuss other Big East teams and weekly matchups of interest)

For now, how many Big East teams ( and who) do y’all consider worthy of NCAA tourney bids other than UConn and Princeton? Last years’ Cinderella, Creighton? Who else?

Princeton? Must mean Villanova. Tough one, besides Creighton, I would need to see their OOC schedule and how they did. Maybe Marquette

Reaction Score
IMHO UCONN, Villanova, Creighton, Marquette & St. John's deserve to be in the NCAA Tournament!
Marquette and St. John's are in on their wins over UCONN!
I think your five are right. Looking at second day game, St. Johns vs. Marquette. I assume the winner is a NCAA Tournament bound, but what about the loser? Would they still make it or be in danger of not making it? hmmmm

Has anybody seen a recent forecast of number of tourney teams per conference? Last I saw was old and had the SEC with 8. No way (though there eight 20 game winners) that 8 would be deserved. Maybe create an extra spot for a BE teams by reducing to 7 or 6? Big 12 having a funky year too.

What if Seton Hall upsets Creighton on Day 2?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Looking at second day game, St. Johns vs. Marquette. I assume the winner is a NCAA Tournament bound, but what about the loser? Would they still make it or be in danger of not making it? hmmmm
visitingcock- - IMO both will make the NCAA Tournament because of their UCONN victories not their Big East results!
But I've been wrong before!
Don't bet the ranch!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
True, but a chance for revenge. :D Revenge can be really sweet.
Geno sent the team a pretty clear message in his last presser. They’ve lost their focus. It certainly understandable given all they’ve been through.

This team still has a chance to compete and achieve its goals for the season. The first box has already been checked, when the biggest regular season. Whether they check, the next one will be determined at Mohegan Sun. But here’s the thing, and there’s no getting around it, it is going to be extraordinarily hard for this severely, depleted, and mentally and physically exhausted team to win in the big east tournament and win in the NCAA’s. They have to decide that they want it enough to if.But here’s the thing, and there’s no getting around it, it is going to be extraordinarily hard for this severely, depleted, and mentally and physically exhausted team to win in the big east tournament and win in the NCAA’s. They have to decide that they want it enough to push past the pain, push past the exhaustion and do the things that they need to do to be successful. Otherwise, all the incredible effort they put in the season has been wasted. All the practices, all the minutes, all the preseason training is for nothing if they don’t make the extraordinarily difficult effort to finish their season the right way.

I am not betting against them doing it, but I recognize, it is going to be extraordinarily hard, mentally, and physically. But it can be done.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
UConn has 3+ days off and don't have to travel far to the tournament like most other teams. They should have Dorka back, which will help with the team chemistry that was missing for most of the Xavier game. Nika has the record so she doesn't have to worry about that anymore, and if she's ready there is a chance the Azzi plays.

Doesn't mean that it will be a cake walk if Azzi does play, but having her on the floor will open up the shots for the other four on the floor with her. If UConn can get back to the team that played against SC with Azzi a part of it, the Big East Tournament as well as the NCAA Tournament Championships can be won.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
UConn has 3+ days off and don't have to travel far to the tournament like most other teams. They should have Dorka back, which will help with the team chemistry that was missing for most of the Xavier game. Nika has the record so she doesn't have to worry about that anymore, and if she's ready there is a chance the Azzi plays.

Doesn't mean that it will be a cake walk if Azzi does play, but having her on the floor will open up the shots for the other four on the floor with her. If UConn can get back to the team that played against SC with Azzi a part of it, the Big East Tournament as well as the NCAA Tournament Championships can be won.
Senior days have always been an adventure

Reaction Score
Princeton? Must mean Villanova. Tough one, besides Creighton, I would need to see their OOC schedule and how they did. Maybe Marquette
Villanova, Creighton, UCONN, and , my guess Marquette. A brutal game/ win against Marquette, assuming that
happens, will require every Huskie to put on "Superman's Cape" on Monday night. Go Huskies.
As for the NCAA's, one has to see the seedings and pairings.

Reaction Score

Right now, like others have shared, I see the Big East having five teams in the NCAA tournament: UConn, St. John's, Nova, Marquette, and Creighton but it is not my call but those teams should be in. As for dark horses out of this group, I would give the edge to Marquette. They are that sneaky team.

Reaction Score
So for first game we are rested, opponent played the day before, and we at least we get 2.5 hours more rest than our opponent the rest of the way. Every little bit helps.
Would also be nice if the team could finally build up a 20 point lead again by the end of the third quarter of the first game so Geno could send in Ines, Patterson, Deberry, Ducharme and Fudd (I hope) for the whole 4th quarter, tell them to just play zone, score at least 8 points in the quarter, don't let the other team score 28, and you preserve the win and let the starters rest. Hope springs eternal. But that was always a strength in the past; we could open up big leads, rest the starters in the first two games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom