Big East Coach of the Year | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Big East Coach of the Year

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Even better, it was "Tyler Hansbrough's brother" Ben!

I completely love your error, and not one bit in criticism of you. It makes it all so much more, "Yeah, and they chose that guy from Notre Dame instead of Kemba."
That’s so right. Lmao

Crazy that Kemba didn’t win any POY awards that year… except the most important one. ;)

Reaction Score
If the season ended today, yes, he should win, but there are still 5 games to go that will determine if he should win or not (I’m excluding DePaul, ha)
And every other year there’s a coach who has a team playing much better than expected who wins the award and no one questions it. But if Hurley only has us “barely” winning the big east they’ll find some way to give it to Thad matta for the mr congeniality award

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Wait, why would it go to Thad and not Shaheen who is tied for 3rd in the conference and is the only coach to have beaten us?

Reaction Score
Can we have a thread about UConn where someone isn’t complaining about the lack of respect UConn gets? If you have to keep reminding people that you are the king, then you are not the king.

UConn doesn’t have to remind anyone.
king-history.gif

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Can we have a thread about UConn where someone isn’t complaining about the lack of respect UConn gets? If you have to keep reminding people that you are the king, then you are not the king.

UConn doesn’t have to remind anyone.
Well maybe you should share that thought with our head coach because he says it all the time. Using slights no matter how small is what most every great competitor uses to keep the chip on their shoulder. And complaining was a bit of an over statement to define the post. But no matter ever since the original post on Wednesday everyone is now talking about him being a leading candidate for national coach of the year.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score

Reaction Score
Well maybe you should share that thought with our head coach because he says it all the time. Using slights no matter how small is what most every great competitor uses to keep the chip on their shoulder. And complaining was a bit of an over statement to define the post. But no matter ever since the original post on Wednesday everyone is now talking about him being a leading candidate for national coach of the year.
They were talking about it before Wednesday, your premise was never true.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
They really want our coach. Only a few of them concede that our program is better. I particularly like the one that says why would he leave a program that has won 5 chips since 1999 to one that has won 4 since 1965. Kind of sums it up.

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
I UConn wins the league title DH should easily win COY imo, you loose 3 starters & 2 rotational guys that played meaningful minutes last year reload with 5 freshmen and 1 transfer & dominate the league. This shouldn't even be a discussion & for those who say that it's only homers saying he should win, would be denying some major factors. Now if we should fall to second or even third then others can be rightfully argued for COY.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
They were talking about it before Wednesday, your premise was never true.
I didn’t see it anywhere so I guess you are right and I am wrong because you say so. But I am a reasonable person who will take the criticism but also the research. So go ahead and google Danny Hurley National Coach of the year award. You are right you will find two articles one was from the Athletic and one in SI on 2/8/24. But he was just mentioned as a candidate as was Hubert Davis. There have been at least four articles since Wednesday that the google search will find. And another funny thing my original post on Wednesday also shows up nearer the top of the list in the search. So my premise kind of had some merit. Big game today GO UConn!!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom