Big East CEOs refused to increase exit fees, 'discussing potential legal strategies' | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Big East CEOs refused to increase exit fees, 'discussing potential legal strategies'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Again, can we all please stop saying that like it is a bad thing!

Paying them is a good thing when they are willing to find a solution/assisting in negotiations. In lawsuits, I find them way too costly and more than willing to add too many junior associates for research, discovery and depositions, etc..

Reaction Score
So now there are reports that half the football schools want Boise and half don't. And people blame Marionette for the problems. The problem is that the members of the Big East are idiots and they continue to shoot themselves in the foot. there are only so many schools that will help us keep the BCS bid and no matter which one you look at half the Big East has some ridiculous assed reason why to say no.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The only one that profits in a lawsuit is the lawyers. The BE has no suit against Pitt and Cuse if they followed established bylaws and procedures. A suit against ESPN? Talk about biting the hand that feeds you. A comparable TV deal was in front of the BE already and it was rejected by the whole BE. Now the conference composition is changed. If ESPN feels that future BE composition is not comparable to the prior BE in terms of TV eyeballs and ratings, they will be able to prove their case for a lower contract very easily. If the BE argument is collusion, very hard to prove especially if you have 11 ACC presidnets all on the stand saying the same thing and no paper trail to prove it. A giant waste of money. If the BB's are leading the legal charge, Uconn needs to be real careful about having their expressed desire to be in another conference coming back to bite them. I am sure some lawyer could argue that Uconn's public statements are undermining the ability of the BE to rebuild itself/expand with the best possible teams. I'm not saying its right, but if someone is in a suing mood, everyone should duck and cover.

We should be good victims and shut up.

Reaction Score
What happened between the Big East and the ACC is what business competitors do. A lawsuit would feel good but it's not likely to be succesful, in my opinion. I would suspect that the ACC asked ESPN how adding 2 schools like Pitt and Syracuse changes the ACC TV agreement.

The ACC is leveraging the addition of these schools to renegotiate their TV deal. That might have been the main reason they added Syracuse and Pitt anyway. They may have felt duped after the Pac 12 signed their monster TV deal.

http://www.bcinterruption.com/2011/...-deal-espn-big-east-pac-12-big-ten-big-12-sec

Reaction Score
So let's see....

No one wants to increase the exit fees and there could be a legal mess.

Yup....the Big East has great potential. Count my school in while I go looking for Jeff Hathaway at the unemployment office.

You wouldn't find him there anymore but if you go to the Big East offices...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom