Big East Awards Speculation | The Boneyard

Big East Awards Speculation

Reaction Score
Who do you think wins the Big East regular season awards?

Bouknight should be first-team all conference imo, though I doubt he wins POY. I think Whaley has a great shot at DPOY, definitely on all defensive team. I think Sanogo will make all-freshmen. Perhaps Cole could sneak onto second-team all conference but I kind of doubt it.

Also when should we expect these to be announced?

Reaction Score
We won't get nearly the awards we think we deserve. Hurley Should get Coach of the Year and Whaley should get DPOY.

Bouk will likely get shortchanged and get 2nd team due to all the games missed.

Reaction Score
Not giving Bouk player of the year given the number of games he missed is understandable. Putting him on the second team would disqualify the awards as relevant.

There is no argument that there are five players in the Big East who had better seasons, regardless of total games played.

Reaction Score
Adama freshman team should be a given.

Hurley should be BE COY.

Bouk should also be first team
and whaley DPOY.

but I would guess itt doesn't happen with Whalet. New to the conference syndrome

Reaction Score
Copying some of this from a similar post that didn't get traction.

This is the KenPom top 5 list. I think it works pretty well for me.
For the 6th, I'd add Collin GIllespie - Think he might win POTY just because of how bad Nova looked against Providence.

My opinion (these 7 are pretty fluid):
2nd team
Marcus Zegarowski
Zach Freemantle
Qudus Wahab
Dawson Garcia
Nate Watson

The 2 honorable mentions:
RJ Cole
Paul Scruggs

Also considered: Christian Bishop, Isaiah Whaley, Damien Jefferson, Jermaine Samuels, Jared Rhoden, Posh Alexander.

COTY- Hurley
DPOY - Whaley

Freshman team:
Posh Alexander
Dawson Garcia
Adama Sanogo
Colby Jones? Wusu? Chuck Harris? Breed? Not sure Andre played enough minutes with his injury, but maybe because blech. These 4th, 5th, and 6th spots are a crap shoot. It was a really weak year for Big East freshmen.

Most Improved Player - Julian Champagnie
Sixth Man Award - Blair from GTown started coming off the bench, so maybe him? But only last few games. Kunkel from Xavier? Koby McEwen is pretty bad but scored some points. Not a strong category.
Sportsmanship Award - No idea. Not Bile from Georgetown.

Reaction Score

Justin Moore is a strange pick, but otherwise these are pretty good (although I doubt Watson gets left off). I also wouldn't do Posh over Garcia. Posh hit a real wall at the end of the year and got into a shooting slump and then missed a couple games. But I could still see them putting him on there. He had a noticeable impact on the BE season.

Reaction Score
I'd pick Anderson for Coach of the Year. While Hurley did a good job, UConn was picked to be a contender. St John's was picked to finish 9th.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I'd pick Anderson for Coach of the Year. While Hurley did a good job, UConn was picked to be a contender. St John's was picked to finish 9th.
I think finishing closer to the top matters.

Reaction Score
My guess is Bouknight won’t get POY just due to missing 8 games. So I’ll bet the coaches pick Gillespie for POY. Best player on best team.

Bouknight should make first team All Big East & I believe the POY doesn’t count against all BE Team. So then it’ll be
Bouk
JRE
Champagnie
Mamu
Zegarowski or Duke. Think Zeg gets the nod just because Creighton finishes higher.

Duke is definitely a 1st or 2nd team selection, would think Freemantle/Sruggs get in, at least one of them anyway. Watson probably too. Maybe Justin Moore, Charlie Moore, Cole, Wahab, even Posh possibly or another Creighton player like Mahoney/Jefferson. Should be pretty close there.

COY: think coaches go for Anderson, his team really overachieved compared to expectations in preseason. If UConn had Bouk the whole season & Hurley won even more, he’d prolly get it.

DPOY: Whaley

Freshman of year: Garcia

Sanogo & Posh Alexander will make all freshman team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom