Big East announces change to COVID cancellation policy | The Boneyard

Big East announces change to COVID cancellation policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

Reaction Score
sEC did the same today. I imagine all conferences will - but you never know about the CalPAC

Reaction Score
Glad to see that reason overcame stupidity. There is no reason that a team should get a conference win for not playing in the current situation. This comment is for all the conferences who had this stupid rule, that wasn't well thought out.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
The situation has changed significantly between August and December - in August getting a vaccination was thought to be pretty bullet proof in preventing outbreaks and most schools were planning on 100% vaccination in their atheletics departments if not in the whole student body. The idea that schools would be unable to field full teams was far fetched.

Come December and professional leagues and colleges are having to adjust plans based on cases clusters messing with rosters. It only makes sense to change the conference rules at this point.

Reaction Score
I think it's a good policy change, but it made me wonder about the rules for qualifying & seeding for the BE tournament. If a team is unlucky and is unable to reschedule all games, how is their record compared to the other teams in the conference?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I think it's a good policy change, but it made me wonder about the rules for qualifying & seeding for the BE tournament. If a team is unlucky and is unable to reschedule all games, how is their record compared to the other teams in the conference?
I am guessing they would adopt last year's approach which I think is as follows:

As long as you play more games than a specific threshold, seedings would be based on winning percentage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom