Big East (and B10) considering bubble for college hoops. | The Boneyard

Big East (and B10) considering bubble for college hoops.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score

Appparently other options being considered, but seeing the trouble MLB is having, I think it's good to start the discussions early. I think the BET is at Mohegan Sun this year? Would be a hard place to have a bubble IMHO as there are so many other people (gamblers etc) who use the facility. Not sure where the best place to have a bubble for the Big East women.

It seems to be working out pretty well for the NBA and WNBA. Thoughts?

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
They could bubble at the Mohegan Sun play some games there, and bus them to Gampel and the XL for games there. There is enough rooms there for all of the teams and with three arena's close by you can have both men's and women's team centralized at one location.

Reaction Score
If you want a bubble you don't go to a high traffic facility like MS. You go somewhere fairly isolated. And I doubt MS is going to want to commit their arena for weeks with zero fans.

Hopefully things change by January.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
If you want a bubble you don't go to a high traffic facility like MS. You go somewhere fairly isolated. And I doubt MS is going to want to commit their arena for weeks with zero fans.

Considering that you would have a minimum of 11 basketball teams or 22 if both the men's and women's teams playing, plus the coaches and support staff. Then the officials, TV, and league officials and their staff, the MS may want to make arrangements to where it would work.

Reaction Score
Considering that you would have a minimum of 11 basketball teams or 22 if both the men's and women's teams playing, plus the coaches and support staff. Then the officials, TV, and league officials and their staff, the MS may want to make arrangements to where it would work.

LOL Trust me, sooner or later some of those people you list are going to sneak down to gamble or just hang out in a lounge at 2am. Not most but all it takes is one. If MS is suffering from a lack of business they might want the rooms filled but from the league view it's a time bomb.

Reaction Score

Like Disney World!

Reaction Score
Great ideas............Time will tell........Hope for the best.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom