Big East All-Tournament team | The Boneyard

Big East All-Tournament team

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
This team would do some damage in the Big Dance.

All-Tournament Team
Dorka Juhasz, UConn
Lou Lopez Senechal, UConn
Maddy Siegrist, Villanova
Aneesah Morrow, DePaul
Lauren Park-Lane, Seton Hall

Most Outstanding Player
Aaliyah Edwards, UConn

Let’s see:
PG - Lauren
SG - Lou
Wing - Maddy
PF - Aaliyah
C - Dorka

Bring Aneesah off the bench as a game changer. I like it! :)

Reaction Score
The question I have re: Morrow is she plays for the 7th ranked Team, Plays 2 game and doesn't get past the Quarter finals to play the semi's and she makes the 1st team??? I'm sorry , There were probably a couple on Villanova and maybe a Creighton player or 2 that played more games and deserved the honor. JMO.....

Reaction Score
The question I have re: Morrow is she plays for the 7th ranked Team, Plays 2 game and doesn't get past the Quarter finals to play the semi's and she makes the 1st team??? I'm sorry , There were probably a couple on Villanova and maybe a Creighton player or 2 that played more games and deserved the honor. JMO.....
DePaul almost beat Villanova, just as Seton Hall almost beat Creighton. Morrow and Lane were rewarded for their play in those two incredible games. Just look at the stat lines. Besides, complaining about Morrow but not about Lane is not a good look.

Brewski

To infinity and beyond!
Reaction Score
I am so happy Lou finished the season in a big way! She made the BE first team AND the BE All Tournament Team with a consistent 14 points per game, all while playing on a sore ankle. Heal up soon Lou so you can give us more of the same in the big dance.

Reaction Score

All-Tournament Team
Dorka Juhasz, UConn
Lou Lopez Senechal, UConn
Maddy Siegrist, Villanova
Aneesah Morrow, DePaul
Lauren Park-Lane, Seton Hall

Most Outstanding Player
Aaliyah Edwards, UConn

Let’s see:
PG - Lauren
SG - Lou
Wing - Maddy
PF - Aaliyah
C - Dorka

Bring Aneesah off the bench as a game changer. I like it! :)
How do you leave Nika off the team the way she played and ran the offense?

Reaction Score
Who else (non-UConn) would folks add? Me, I’d want a couple more guards, say Lucy Olsen (Villanova) and Kennedy Fauntleroy (Georgetown)
Olsen was 4-20 overall and 1-9 from the arc in the Finals. She did not have a good game. I think they have the right team. There are 3 All Americans on it and 4 finalists for the best at position awards in the country. It's true Morrow only played 2 games but she went 26-15 against the Friars and 24-17 against Nova. If her teammates didn't miss 4 FTs in a row in the last minute they would have been in the semis.

Reaction Score
This team could win multiple titles, tbh.

Pop Tv Rita GIF by One Day At A Time

If only ...

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Because not everything is about UConn nor should it be. The Huskies will have to settle for having three of the six honorees
Your point is taken, however I would take our Nika as point guard over any other in our conference this. She is just so much more than the others. Her grit, determination, drive, defense, and heart make her the second-best point guard in the Big East. second only to a healthy Paige.:cool:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Olsen was 4-20 overall and 1-9 from the arc in the Finals. She did not have a good game. I think they have the right team. There are 3 All Americans on it and 4 finalists for the best at position awards in the country. It's true Morrow only played 2 games but she went 26-15 against the Friars and 24-17 against Nova. If her teammates didn't miss 4 FTs in a row in the last minute they would have been in the semis.
Sorry, I didn’t post my complete thought. I did in my head but, oh well. :oops:

If we were putting together a team of Big East players starting with the All-Tourney team, what other players would people add going into the Big Dance?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Your point is taken, however I would take our Nika as point guard over any other in our conference this. She is just so much more than the others. Her grit, determination, drive, defense, and heart make her the second-best point guard in the Big East. second only to a healthy Paige.:cool:
Not disagreeing, just saying it’s appropriate to recognize players from other teams in a league honors situation

Reaction Score
Jayla Everette (SJ) Lauren Jensen (Cre) Jordan King (Marq)
Maybe MORGAN MALY, the Bluejay?

Reaction Score
I asked myself--who in the Big East would I not like to play against---and the 6 picked are those. There are some very very good players on all 11 teams. It is a process of elimination--and results.

Dorka --when she goes HIGH in the WNBA Draft or gets highly paid in Europe---kiss Geno's ring, she's a much more Pro than when she arrived.

Reaction Score
Yes--I remember. 2 years ago there WAS a PAIGE on NIKA's team.
On THIS team NIKA was SECOND to NONE. I can't say I always agreed with her decisions. But personally I'd take 2 NIKA's on my team. 2 Griffins. 3 Lou's 2 Edwards 2 Dorka's 3 Healthy Carolines and ONE Fudd (who needs more).

Reaction Score
How do you leave Nika off the team the way she played and ran the offense?
I was going to say this will motivate her and make her play with a chip on her shoulder, but then, this is Nika. How mad could she get? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Sorry, I didn’t post my complete thought. I did in my head but, oh well. :oops:

If we were putting together a team of Big East players starting with the All-Tourney team, what other players would people add going into the Big Dance?
I understand now. I would add Nika, Olsen, Jensen, King, Everett and for good measure, Marotta. That's 12 and I only have 4 UCONN players.

Reaction Score
Tl
Beauseu not everything is about UConn nor should it be. The Huskies will have to settle for having three of the six honoT
This Being a UConn Womens' Site. The comment wasn't so much UCONN puffery as it was in HONORING one of our own; that WITH US deserves acknowledgement. It takes away NOTHING from those so honored in the Big East.

Reaction Score
Who else (non-UConn) would folks add? Me, I’d want a couple more guards, say Lucy Olsen (Villanova) and Kennedy Fauntleroy (Georgetown)
I was just thinking the same thing and you posted it. :)

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I asked myself--who in the Big East would I not like to play against---and the 6 picked are those. There are some very very good players on all 11 teams. It is a process of elimination--and results.

Dorka --when she goes HIGH in the WNBA Draft or gets highly paid in Europe---kiss Geno's ring, she's a much more Pro than when she arrived.
Dorka was All Big Ten before she got to UConn. I watched her play for Ohio State, and she played just as well for them as she did for UConn.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom