Big day for BE! | The Boneyard

Big day for BE!

Reaction Score
After today's set of games the Big East reclaims the best OOC winning percentage in the land.

Best league in America top to bottom! Two winnable games tomorrow and the league may finish 9-0 this weekend.

Reaction Score
I hope this carries over until next year but for now, AAC is what we need to be better so we can get a bid. Unless we win the darn thing

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Props to the Big East for playing tough non conference games. The Big East is 20-12 against P5 opponents. The league teams have all played a lot of good opponents, and there are quite a few good inter conference games left.

That league is going to be a battle for UConn. Other than maybe PC, there are no off nights.

Reaction Score
In the Cinn v Xavier game, I wasn't sure who to cheer for with regard to our Kenpom/Sagarin/NET. I guess I'm still not sure.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Props to the Big East for playing tough non conference games. The Big East is 20-12 against P5 opponents. The league teams have all played a lot of good opponents, and there are quite a few good inter conference games left.

That league is going to be a battle for UConn. Other than maybe PC, there are no off nights.

I hope that everyone realizes that no nights off are a good thing. Complacency kills teams.Finally an exciting December and January to watch the Huskies starts next year!

Reaction Score
What's great about the Big East is that there's no designated doormat. Even though it's likely that St. John's or Providence will be last in the conference, that's not an easy game.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

It might be a little early yet but the Xavier fans in Charleston were walking with swagger before the tournament started. After our game with them I sensed some fear in their eyes as if questioning whether it was a good idea to bring UConn back.

Let’s just say if Hurley continues with the trajectory the team appears to be heading the BE just got harder for those teams.

Reaction Score
Underdog St. John's beats unbeaten West Virginia.

Butler beats Florida on network TV.

Villanova struggles to beat Big 5 rival St. Joe's.

Creighton kills in State rival Nebraska.

Xavier beat city rival Cincinnati.

Underdog Georgetown wins easy on the road versus unbeaten SMU.

Marquette beats Kansas State. KSU built the game as their biggest home non conference games in years.

Sunday Night 12/8/19

Buffalo @ DePaul, 5:00, FS1 - Mike Monaco, Monica McNutt
Line: DePaul -9/152

16 Seton Hall @ Iowa State, 9:00, ESPN2 - Lowell Galindo, Tim Welsh
Line: Iowa State -2/151

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Yup, very bad day for the AAC fluffers.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Didn't we wipe the floors with UConn in a scrimmage a couple years ago at Mohegan, with essentially the same team.

Reaction Score
Didn't we wipe the floors with UConn in a scrimmage a couple years ago at Mohegan, with essentially the same team.
You beat a team with 10 new players
Some of whom were last minute bodies to replace the wholesale dessertIon that took place in the spring . The most undermanned UConn team since 1985. I wouldn’t hang my hat on beating that team .

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
You beat a team with 10 new players
Some of whom were last minute bodies to replace the wholesale dessertIon that took place in the spring . The most undermanned UConn team since 1985. I wouldn’t hang my hat on beating that team .
Give the fan a break. He’s the kid leaving the movie in the scene “Summer of 42”.

Reaction Score

PC's season is already over at 5-5 with loses to NW, UPenn, Long Beach, Charleston, and URI. embarrassing. their most talented roster in years yet completely dysfunctional for some reason. what a waste.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Who is the PC of each conference?

ECU is the PC of the American.
Rutgers is the PC of the Big 10.
The Big 12 doesn't have a PC.
Oregon State in the Pac 12?
The ACC has several candidates.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
PC's season is already over at 5-5 with loses to NW, UPenn, Long Beach, Charleston, and URI. embarrassing. their most talented roster in years yet completely dysfunctional for some reason. what a waste.
They are going to have to put on their big boy pants to compete next year.

Reaction Score
Am I the only one who wishes Cincy was coming with us?

xavier would never agree to rescue their biggest geographic competitor from irrelevance. they want to own the city of Cincinnati and compete with OSU for recruits. cincy also isnt having their football team go independent

the make up of the NBE is perfect- 11 teams each from a different state and a 20 game double round robin conference schedule. i might add VCU since theyre the best nonfootball school other than gonzaga. it would also be hilarious to poach wichita from the aac but they cant afford the exit fee.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom