Big Cliff dropping his Top 8 “soon” | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Big Cliff dropping his Top 8 “soon”

Reaction Score
I think Javonte will turn out the better player as well.
Exactly, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. Cliff could turn out to be great, but so could Javonte Brown Ferguson. Center for next season is a strong point for us, focus on the backcourt/wings.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Exactly, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. Cliff could turn out to be great, but so could Javonte Brown Ferguson. Center for next season is a strong point for us, focus on the backcourt/wings.

We've got zero need for Cliff right now (tho I'd take him). Josh starting. Javonte backing up with a dose of Springs in there. Those two locked in for the following year.

Reaction Score
Towns from Harvard is a stud and He would be a great fit. The scholarship opens up for the following season.

Reaction Score
We made the top 13 let’s see how we stand, basically our only prospect remaining so let’s see if we can close on him. Trending towards the wrong Hurley tho (Arizona St.)
He needs to knock it off already with his lame self indulgent lists and pick a school already. Like bro we get it, your a recruit a lot of schools want. :rolleyes:

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
He needs to knock it off already with his lame self indulgent lists and pick a school already. Like bro we get it, your a recruit a lot of schools want. :rolleyes:
on behalf of spiffy cliff's everywhere, stop telling us what to do. lol.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Saw Springs on the bench the other night and forgot that we have an athletic big getting bigger and more athletic by the day
If Springs was playing this year, we'd likely be a tourney team.

I’m kinda done with graduate transfers as bandaid fixes
We haven't really had a positive impact gradtransfer since Kromah, IMHO. I know that a lot of folks here would say Shonn Miller, but for some reason, his game never excited me.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
If Springs was playing this year, we'd likely be a tourney team.

I was pissed that he was academically ineligible, but I don't think a freshman post is the reason we aren't a tournament team.

Reaction Score
Javonte Brown Ferguson is our center of the future. We don't need Cliff any more.

Right now, Cliff is a significantly better player. He's over a year older, a heck of a lot stronger, and more experienced.

Javonte Brown Ferguson has a much higher potential IMO. He has a fantastic touch, is an inch or two taller (and maybe still growing), and the same excellent length. He's also bigger than cliff was at the same age. The 36 pts he dropped last week is not something Cliff is capable of right now. He plays like a young player--because he still is one. He's pretty soft, sort of streaky, and doesn't always make the right decision on D or play with intensity. Freshman year is going to be all about learning so he can drop some bodies when Carlton leaves.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Javonte Brown Ferguson has a much higher potential IMO. He has a fantastic touch, is an inch or two taller (and maybe still growing), and the same excellent length. He's also bigger than cliff was at the same age. The 36 pts he dropped last week is not something Cliff is capable of right now. He plays like a young player--because he still is one. He's pretty soft, sort of streaky, and doesn't always make the right decision on D or play with intensity. Freshman year is going to be all about learning so he can drop some bodies when Carlton leaves.

These are all things Hurley can fix.

Reaction Score
These are all things Hurley can fix.

Correct. And I'd much prefer him here learning real skills even if he isn't playing much than at a crappy Canadian prep school getting no real coaching for another year. Even just 10mpg to let him get in shape, with some solid position coaching with Kenya could turn him into a sophomore beast. I guarantee his body will transform under Sal too. His frame looks like a young NBA player.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Correct. And I'd much prefer him here learning real skills even if he isn't playing much than at a crappy Canadian prep school getting no real coaching for another year. Even just 10mpg to let him get in shape, with some solid position coaching with Kenya could turn him into a sophomore beast. I guarantee his body will transform under Sal too. His frame looks like a young NBA player.

Too funny that I'm actually pumped about our strength coach. Guess that's function of where we've been

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I was pissed that he was academically ineligible, but I don't think a freshman post is the reason we aren't a tournament team.
I think a loose rotation with more interchangeable parts up front would make a huge difference. What we're missing is a wide body FWD who can hold position and bang. RS comes closest of anyone on the roster.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Lasan Kromah the GOAT.

(And I would take Shonn Miller on a Dan Hurley coached team in a heartbeat)
Not saying they didn't bail out a depleted KO team. And I enjoyed the professionalism they brought to the team. And KO had not young talented players to develop. So all in all the only thing that happened is that two great young men got to stay in the game for one more year and furthered their education. From my perspective the team got no banner, no ring, and no deveopment.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
After the last few games I am thinking a shooter is more of a need/want than Big Cliff

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom