Big Blue Nation having a very normal Tuesday | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Big Blue Nation having a very normal Tuesday

Reaction Score
Heck, Indiana outdrew us last fall at MSG. It was impressive.
Indiana or Kentucky will not outdraw us in MSG or Boston if it's a tournament game though. Indiana was seen as an inferior opponent and so UConn fans didn't show up as much. I think they should, but they didn't. But in the North Carolina game at MSG people here were saying that it 70-30 in UConn's favor.

Reaction Score
This is among my favorite things I've seen over there:

Except Harry Walker as the screenshot shows is an agency for getting someone to your business to do a speaking engagment... Hurley actually uses William Morris Endeavor

They've connected the dots to the speaker agency with the plane their tracking landing at Laguardia... I hope someone in Lexington actually does hire Hurley.. to do a corporate speaking engagement.

No one here says "y'all" and no donor would stylize it as UCONN.

1999GoodSon

Lies, damn lies, and statistics.
Reaction Score
For those here who've never had real money, they think the Kentucky offer of $12 M/year sounds like what you need to support your family when you're 50 and your kids are about grown, but most people can survive on the current $5M plus bonuses DH earns today.

$60,000 per week after taxes today and just what more will he want to buy and what expensive trips can he take on the month he takes off each Summer?
I'm sorry to disagree with you sir. IF (mighty big if) he were to be offered 100mm/8yrs, he would have to consider it. This is the current state of sports. In other words, I love you, but see ya.

Two things that stick out to me.
1. He has never said "no, I'm not going to Kentucky or anywhere else, I'm staying at UCONN."
2. He brought up I believe yesterday on Cowherd that his cell had died, and had been dead for over 24 hours and he couldn't send or receive messages. I thought that was strange, I mean cell phones don't just die, and I'm sure someone of Dan's stature could snap his fingers and get a replacement if it did. You're the HC of the most talked about sports team in America, going on all kinds of TV shows and podcasts and you don't have a working phone? I'm selling that.
None of this means anything, only Dan and family have the facts.

Reaction Score
Let’s discuss some names that Kentucky might hire that would be hilarious, and absolutely enrage their fan base.

Bruce Pearl is obvious. Let’s get creative.
I'd go with John Calipari. He has everything that Kentucky wants, and they'd be able to steal him from a conference rival. Word is that Arkansas is only paying him $7mm. Clearly Arkansas doesn't care about basketball if they would pay a legend like Calipari that little. Line up the donors and make Coach Cal an offer he can't refuse.

Or how about Tommy Amaker. Apparently, Duke wanted him over Scheyer. That'll show Kentucky's Blue Blood rival who the real power player is. Not sure if they can pull him away from Harvard though. His wife is apparently a professor there, and you know none of these east coast coaches wear the pants in their families.

Reaction Score
My guess is they will be choosing from Pearl or Miller. Either of which should make their fan base happy. You know for sure both are willing to cheat for a chance to win

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Indiana or Kentucky will not outdraw us in MSG or Boston if it's a tournament game though. Indiana was seen as an inferior opponent and so UConn fans didn't show up as much. I think they should, but they didn't. But in the North Carolina game at MSG people here were saying that it 70-30 in UConn's favor.
Still, those Hoosiers travel.

Reaction Score

Makes some solid points.

I’m sure that majority of that fan base is absolutely terrific.
But the very very vocal minority…..are completely out of their minds.

Why would any good coach want to go there, other than money, at this point?

These loons aren’t going to be satisfied with a multi year rebuild like Hurley undertook at UConn?
They want to “throw a bag” at a coach and win the natty next year

It’s just nuts at this point. And an impossible situation.

They would have been best served working with Cal to make better use of the transfer portal.

Now, the good fans are stuck with essentially….no players, no recruits, and no coach willing to put up with the lunatics

I actually feel a little bad for them

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom