Big Blue Nation having a very normal Tuesday | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Big Blue Nation having a very normal Tuesday

Reaction Score
If the likes of Donovan, Pearl, and Wright say no…is there any chance Kentucky pivots to a hot current assistant coach?
0.0% chance. You need an established brand coach or you risk having an absolutely awful roster. Players/recruits follow coaches. They aren't following unknown up and coming assistants. That would be a disaster for BBN.

Reaction Score
Ok so this plane must have been to meet Hurley.
Only two options - meet Hurley and agent, or just a Craft biz trip. I don't know that there's much reason for a coal magnate to go to NYC for business, and since the plane hasn't been up there all year, I'd wager this is indeed a Hurley gathering.

Reaction Score
Kentucky is a one and done school that doesn't develop players. Kentucky booster plane lands in NYC. Local school has commitments from 2 5* recruits. I'm just brainstorming.

Reaction Score
There's another coach in NYC who would sell his soul (if he hadn't already) l to return to Kentucky

Reaction Score
Only two options - meet Hurley and agent, or just a Craft biz trip. I don't know that there's much reason for a coal magnate to go to NYC for business, and since the plane hasn't been up there all year, I'd wager this is indeed a Hurley gathering.
Pitino?

Reaction Score
Why would a plane land at LGA--2.5 hours from Storrs without traffic--instead of landing at BDL if it were for Hurley?
Storrs South man....DH spends most of his time there ;)

Reaction Score

"'.... they don't want to follow Cal". I know a lot of people everywhere, including this board, the BoneYard, rip on Calipari, but one thing is a fact is that Calipari has the respect of his coaching peers and he is friends with a lot of them and communicates with them on a somewhat frequent basis. Calipari will tell them in private conversations the garbage he has to put up with in dealing with that Kentucky fanbase.

Reaction Score
"'.... they don't want to follow Cal". I know a lot of people everywhere, including this board, the BoneYard, rip on Calipari, but one thing is a fact is that Calipari has the respect of his coaching peers and he is friends with a lot of them and communicates with them on a somewhat frequent basis. Calipari will tell them in private conversations the garbage he has to put up with in dealing with that Kentucky fanbase.
With the amount of money they are “allegedly” throwing around, you are not looking for a guy that will come in and build a program. You are looking for overnight, huge success.

So not only are you following Cal….you are taking on the impossible task of an overnight rebuild.

Reaction Score
They make Philly and (Oakland) Raiders fans look like saints. I mean, what lunatics send death threats over a game and trespass on a coaches lawn???

Reaction Score
With the amount of money they are “allegedly” throwing around, you are not looking for a guy that will come in and build a program. You are looking for overnight, huge success.

So not only are you following Cal….you are taking on the impossible task of an overnight rebuild.
Yes they're already saying things like "who cares if he leaves for the NBA in a few years if he wins a couple championships"

The expectations are nuts. And if you don't meet them you're public enemy #1

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
UK has a larger fan base than Uconn, and they will outdraw us in any neutral site venue, including MSG. With that said, they'll outdraw just about ANY other school.
Heck, Indiana outdrew us last fall at MSG. It was impressive.

Reaction Score
They make Philly and (Oakland) Raiders fans look like saints. I mean, what lunatics send death threats over a game and trespass on a coaches lawn???
Death threats against ref(s)
Death threats and harassment of their own players after a 1-6 start, that they were forced to delete their social media accounts
Harassment of player who had the nerve to chose Memphis over Kentucky

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
There is one coach Kentucky could get that could be very successful: Shaheen Holloway. You put that guy on a big stage with a bankroll, and he will cut the nets down eventually.

Kentucky fans would be apoplectic if Holloway was hired, so it will never happen.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom