Big Blue Nation having a very normal Tuesday | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Big Blue Nation having a very normal Tuesday

Reaction Score
The Purdue fans I talked to almost universally said things like " I did not go for our last FF in 1980 and I was not going to miss this one". Ours fans -arrogant and spoiled as we are- went last year in huge numbers and had a Women's FF at the same time this year. If it had been 45 years since our last FF we would have filled the whole stadium as well.
Exactly. How was our turnout in St. Pete in 1999? I also think being so close the first two weekends didn’t help. If you attended those games, it already got expensive and then flights to phoenix were outrageous. Point is, I just feel this time around was more a confluence of events than a testimony on our fanbase.

Reaction Score
Exactly. How was our turnout in St. Pete in 1999? I also think being so close the first two weekends didn’t help. If you attended those games, it already got expensive and then flights to phoenix were outrageous. Point is, I just feel this time around was more a confluence of events than a testimony on our fanbase.
I was there in St. Petersburg in 1999. I can tell you first hand the turnout of UConn fans was excellent. Not only was there a ton of UConn fans in the stands, but the Michgan State and the Ohio State fans that decided stick around and watch the final game were pulling for UConn and the locals in St. Petersburg really liked UConn. In fact, in the local papers, which I have saved they stated the #1 thing they liked was the U-C-O-N-N, UConn, UConn, UConn, chant.

Reaction Score
I was there in St. Petersburg in 1999. I can tell you first hand the turnout of UConn fans was excellent. Not only was there a ton of UConn fans in the stands, but the Michgan State and the Ohio State fans that decided stick around and watch the final game were pulling for UConn and the locals in St. Petersburg really liked UConn. In fact, in the local papers, which I have saved they stated the #1 thing they liked was the U-C-O-N-N, UConn, UConn, UConn, chant.

I actually managed to get myself banned from Hammer and Rails by responding to multiple Purdue fan accusations that we UConn fans are undeserving of such a great team because we don't support our university, as evidenced by the dominance of Purdue fans at the Final Four. They suck, man. If we'd only made one FF in 45 years, we'd fill the entire stadium too.

Reaction Score
Currently have a 7 page thread tracking a plane and speculating if it's to pick up Hurley. Funny stuff outside of a few continued lies about the fan base.

Reaction Score
Currently have a 7 page thread tracking a plane and speculating if it's to pick up Hurley. Funny stuff outside of a few continued lies about the fan base.

I was just reading that... I mean they are life/death fans of their team; I'll give them that. They were literally calculating landing spots based on altitude, heading, etc. That place is a freaking trip. Latest rumor is that Drew is going to pass. The whole thing is pretty fascinating to watch go down.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score

Love the speculation about Tony Bennett. Would be awesome to see Kentucky put up 33 in a first-round loss.

Reaction Score
Screenshot_20240411-163428_Chrome.jpg

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score

Plane landed at LaGuardia. Rick pitino is not walking through that door.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
4 of their championships happened when there were only 48 states in the union lol.
You could say before the flag had 50 stars, but that would fly way over the UK contingent's heads.

Reaction Score
And now you know that your program doesn't have the prestige you think it does. What a clown.
Let's wait to see who is hired before we celebrate. Sometimes coaches not being considered or who are about to be passed over release a statement like this.

If they end up with Pitino (joking, sort of), yeah, he passed on Kentucky. If they end up with someone more exciting, he didn't.

Reaction Score
Let's wait to see who is hired before we celebrate. Sometimes coaches not being considered or who are about to be passed over release a statement like this.

If they end up with Pitino (joking, sort of), yeah, he passed on Kentucky. If they end up with someone more exciting, he didn't.
Scott Drew just said pass and will return to Baylor. You would think it would've been a no brainer to take the UK job for Drew if it was as good of a gig UK fans think it is.

Reaction Score
the hog board may surpass southern canada for yucks

"Cali-par-e or Cali-pair-e. Ok is it pronounced at the end with par-e or pair-e? Or does everyone just do their own thing like Malzhan or Malazhan? Just to be clear, a little sarcasm here not at Coach Cal but the half of Hog fans that will get it wrong no matter what."

"Think it's supposed to rhyme with calamari. Guess we will find out soon enough"

BWAAAHAHAHAHA

Reaction Score
This will alway be my image of KY basketball....enjoy the good ole glory days 60-70 years ago BBN

KY.jpg

Reaction Score
Scott Drew supposedly told UK no. :p

so much for everyone running to take the UK job

Reaction Score
If the likes of Donovan, Pearl, and Wright say no…is there any chance Kentucky pivots to a hot current assistant coach?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom