BIG BIG props to Gibbs | The Boneyard

BIG BIG props to Gibbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He needed to LOL but seriously in his defense how can you keep throwing it to the worst place on the floor for the trap? he just happened to be there, but he did panic but found a way to close it still.

Reaction Score
Kids a great shooter he's gotta keep shooting . And no ridiculous head scratching double teams for no reason , gave up a lay up to fortune in the first .

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Uh, would rather that we kept the ball out his hands until after we cross half court. He nearly killed me.

Clutch at the FT line though.

totally agree. kid's not built to break the press. have him sit across court, come off a little screen and get he ball ever single time. no one i want on the line more at the end.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
You have to appreciate a guy who designates himself as the crunch-time free throw shooter and then drains them all without grazing the rim. Really nice job today.
Those were beautiful free throws, every one of them.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
He needed to LOL but seriously in his defense how can you keep throwing it to the worst place on the floor for the trap? he just happened to be there, but he did panic but found a way to close it still.

we really do suck a beating the press in the back court. seemed to figure it out right at the end though.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I have been disappointed in SG
BUT those free throws at the end were clutch and ICE
Thanks for your coolness SG

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
we really do suck a beating the press in the back court. seemed to figure it out right at the end though.
Because it was Adams not Gibbs in the corner.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The guy was money. Very cool how UConn put the ball in his hands every time down the stretch, Did he even graze the rim?

Reaction Score
totally agree. kid's not built to break the press. have him sit across court, come off a little screen and get he ball ever single time. no one i want on the line more at the end.

He was pretty hideous in that regard. A terrible pass, he got away with a carry, and then was fairly lucky to get fouled another time as he was completely out of control. Free throw shooting was obviously money, though.

Reaction Score
He was pretty hideous in that regard. A terrible pass, he got away with a carry, and then was fairly lucky to get fouled another time as he was completely out of control. Free throw shooting was obviously money, though.

They were collectively horrible against the press for a few minutes. Then they fixed it. The guy who throws a pass to a guy who's trapped on the sideline about nine seconds into the shot clock is just as culpable as the guy who throws it away to beat the ten second call. And I don't think you can call him "lucky" to get fouled when it was pretty obvious that he was not giving up the ball precisely to make sure he (and not someone else) was fouled.

Reaction Score
They were collectively horrible against the press for a few minutes. Then they fixed it. The guy who throws a pass to a guy who's trapped on the sideline about nine seconds into the shot clock is just as culpable as the guy who throws it away to beat the ten second call. And I don't think you can call him "lucky" to get fouled when it was pretty obvious that he was not giving up the ball precisely to make sure he (and not someone else) was fouled.

Lucky in the sense that if the foul wasn't called there (and officials sometimes swallow the whistle late in games), it seemed like a turnover was imminent. All three announcers were pretty shocked he tried to dribble through that whole sequence.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
In addition to the very clutch free throws, it was great to hear Rodney's comments in the presser about Sterling, citing him as the one who spoke up at half time and told the others not to get down and to stay calm because they had been in that situation before and had overcome it.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Late and close, the ball goes to Gibbs first then Hamilton. Rodney is probably option 3. I'd give it to Jalen at the end of the shot clock, but the best way to beat the press is with Gibbs and Hamilton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom