Big Big NIL News | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Big Big NIL News

Reaction Score
What I find interesting is that the player is trying to renegotiate the terms of what is already in place. The comment from the person who is sponsoring (sorry, not sure of the right term) the NIL is staying firm on what's been offered. Feel bad for the coaches as they're caught in the middle and weren't notified in advance.

I still don't fully understand NIL. Since Canadian/International athletes can't benefit from it in the same manner as US athletes, I didn't see the point in trying. Unfortunately it's looking more and more like free agency which is very concerning.

There have been some examples where NIL seems like it's a good idea, like at BYU where the tuition of walk-on players will be covered. Has anyone heard of other examples like this?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
The public way this individual is "choosing a school" I think might have repercussions for his future. Not sure many companies etc want their potential representatives to be so "publicly mercenary" and not sure how other colleges feel about getting into a very public bidding war. Part of the fandom of CBB is that at some level (even if only superficial), is that the player has some feeling for the university. / program etc.

Don't think the money is available in the women's game so it is hard to imagine a kid fighting over a small increase in NIL money but taking perhaps a public beating in the process.

Of course, maybe Miami had to shell out alot of money under the table for the Cavinder twins so the poor Miami institution cant up their contract to this guy. ;););)

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Also something to keep an eye on...

Reaction Score
The public way this individual is "choosing a school" I think might have repercussions for his future. Not sure many companies etc want their potential representatives to be so "publicly mercenary" and not sure how other colleges feel about getting into a very public bidding war. Part of the fandom of CBB is that at some level (even if only superficial), is that the player has some feeling for the university. / program etc.

Don't think the money is available in the women's game so it is hard to imagine a kid fighting over a small increase in NIL money but taking perhaps a public beating in the process.

Of course, maybe Miami had to shell out alot of money under the table for the Cavinder twins so the poor Miami institution cant up their contract to this guy. ;););)
Read the article again. The money doesn't come from the school. It comes from a billionaire booster named John Ruiz.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Read the article again. The money doesn't come from the school. It comes from a billionaire booster named John Ruiz.
Joke.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
The public way this individual is "choosing a school" I think might have repercussions for his future. Not sure many companies etc want their potential representatives to be so "publicly mercenary"
I wouldn't want him here for 2 related reasons.
1. Seems more concerned with NIL. I would question his dedication to his craft.
2. As I've mentioned somewhere else, I want players that want to be Huskies. He clearly has different motivations (see #1).

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure Ruiz was one of the guys that was responsible for the demise of Miami's football program back in the day

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Wong backs down. I am sure the PR backlash was pretty severe

Reaction Score

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The NCAA will be seeking an Emmert clone.
I hear they already have…
1651292163693.jpeg

Reaction Score
Theoretically, the NIL deal might have to pay Uconn some in order to get their approval ...right? This is not necessarily altruistic.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom