Big 12 | The Boneyard

Big 12

Reaction Score
Is there any basis behind these matchups or do they just choose them at random? It would make more sense if they matched the teams based on conference standings from the previous year. Either way, seems like we got one of the easier draws of all the Big 12 teams. Would have been nice to get more of a test.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Is there any basis behind these matchups or do they just choose them at random? It would make more sense if they matched the teams based on conference standings from the previous year. Either way, seems like we got one of the easier draws of all the Big 12 teams. Would have been nice to get more of a test.
Certainly is not an easy draw, obviously not as tough of a test as Baylor but OSU is the next best team going on the road from that list and is a top 30-40 team going into next year

Reaction Score
Don't push it. At least we have a decent game

Reaction Score
Certainly is not an easy draw, obviously not as tough of a test as Baylor but OSU is the next best team going on the road from that list and is a top 30-40 team going into next year
Good to know, makes me feel better. I was looking at their record last year but sounds like they are expected to be much improved.

Last edited:

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I was looking at their record last year but sounds like they are expected to be much improved.
I don't know diddly about OSU, but will generically say that the portal has made predicting teams extremely difficult.

Reaction Score
Boring matchup.

If they were set on giving us a mid-tier team from the Big 12, they should of gave us TCU. At least we would have gone up against Jamie Dixon led team again.

Better for TV and for the fans.

Reaction Score
  • Baylor at Marquette (11/29)
  • TCU vs. Providence (11/30)
  • Texas Tech v. Georgetown (11/30)
  • Kansas State at Butler (11/30)
  • Texas vs. Creighton (12/1)
  • Kansas vs. Seton Hall (12/1)
  • Oklahoma State at UConn (12/1)
  • Oklahoma at Villanova (12/3)
  • West Virginia at Xavier (12/4)
  • Iowa State vs. St. John’s (12/4)
BE wins 6-4

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
And let’s be thankful it isn’t on the road. Gallagher-Iba is a tough place to play. Quality game on our schedule.

Reaction Score
  • Baylor at Marquette (11/29)
  • TCU vs. Providence (11/30)
  • Texas Tech v. Georgetown (11/30)
  • Kansas State at Butler (11/30)
  • Texas vs. Creighton (12/1)
  • Kansas vs. Seton Hall (12/1)
  • Oklahoma State at UConn (12/1)
  • Oklahoma at Villanova (12/3)
  • West Virginia at Xavier (12/4)
  • Iowa State vs. St. John’s (12/4)
BE wins 6-4

Dang, Ok St is probably my 8th or 9th choice to face in the Big 12. Would have loved to line up Kansas, Baylor, or Texas.

Reaction Score
After thinking about it a bit OSU is probably the second best team we could've pulled. Texas, Texas Tech and Kansas were on the road last year so they weren't options. OSU retained talent from last year's team that finished NET 45 - plus added some good transfer pieces. This may turn out to be a very winnable Q1 game for NET. Maybe not the namebrand we wanted but they have 2 NC and 6 FF, so obviously a solid program overall.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Dang, Ok St is probably my 8th or 9th choice to face in the Big 12. Would have loved to line up Kansas, Baylor, or Texas.
Not sure if people here appreciate their history. But going back to the old Big 8, and then Big 12 it's probably the second best program all time after Kansas. They were pretty darned good in the Eddie Sutton era. Oklahoma State Cowboys basketball - Wikipedia

Question about this Big 12 - Big East shootout, do teams rotate out? Can you be home or road two years in a row? Because otherwise UConn can't face KU which would piss me off.

Reaction Score
Boring matchup.

If they were set on giving us a mid-tier team from the Big 12, they should of gave us TCU. At least we would have gone up against Jamie Dixon led team again.

Better for TV and for the fans
TCU wouldn't have been possible. Any team that played on the road last year will be hosting their BE/B12 opponent this year. TCU and UConn both played on the road last season in this challenge.

Reaction Score
Hope they bring their cheerleaders. In 2004 they were quite impressive at the final 4
The Kid Mero Showtime GIF by Desus & Mero

Reaction Score
TCU wouldn't have been possible. Any team that played on the road last year will be hosting their BE/B12 opponent this year. TCU and UConn both played on the road last season in this challenge.

I get it, but the problem is that the rules for this format give us some boring and uninteresting matchups.

UCONN needs some better games in this Big 12/Big East challenge regardless of home and aways from previous years.

Reaction Score
I get it, but the problem is that the rules for this format give us some boring and uninteresting matchups.

UCONN needs some better games in this Big 12/Big East challenge regardless of home and aways from previous years.
I disagree. WVU was a good matchup last year. This is the last year for that series unless they renew

Reaction Score
Not sure if people here appreciate their history. But going back to the old Big 8, and then Big 12 it's probably the second best program all time after Kansas. They were pretty darned good in the Eddie Sutton era. Oklahoma State Cowboys basketball - Wikipedia

Question about this Big 12 - Big East shootout, do teams rotate out? Can you be home or road two years in a row? Because otherwise UConn can't face KU which would piss me off.

I am on the younger side so I was not fully aware of their long term postseason success. Just looking at the state of the Big 12 teams right now, I would have preferred to go against Baylor, Kansas, Texas, or Texas Tech for sure. The remaining teams are closer and harder to decide between but I feel as a premium brand in the Big East we should be able to land a top game against a premier Big 12 opponent. Ok St isn’t currently one of them.

Reaction Score
I am on the younger side so I was not fully aware of their long term postseason success. Just looking at the state of the Big 12 teams right now, I would have preferred to go against Baylor, Kansas, Texas, or Texas Tech for sure. The remaining teams are closer and harder to decide between but I feel as a premium brand in the Big East we should be able to land a top game against a premier Big 12 opponent. Ok St isn’t currently one of them.
Kansas, Texas Tech, Texas all got home games. So on your list of 4 better opponents, 3 were not even an option for us to be scheduled against

Reactions: DCT

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Kansas, Texas Tech, Texas all got home games. So on your list of 4 better opponents, 3 were not even an option for us to be scheduled against
Yes, but my question is, will that ever change or are those three permanently in a different home/road cycle from UConn?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
OSU is no easy game at all - as someone already said - UConn is lucky it's a home game
I happen to enjoy and follow OSU basketball so this is of particular interest for me. OSU always plays hard and has a wonderful history of having big time players that are not top 100 recruits.
Marcus Smart, Byron Houston, Big Country Reeves, Tony Allen, John Lucas III, Joey Graham, James Anderson are the ones that come off the top of my head

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom