Big 12 & Wvu Both Say Wvu In Big 12 Next Year | The Boneyard

Big 12 & Wvu Both Say Wvu In Big 12 Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Big East saying they won't be.

At least UConn can use all the exit fee distributions to pay for a BB facility.

Reaction Score
I cant find any mention of how they expect to get around the 27 month waitng period

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Supposedly WVU is paying $21 million.

Reaction Score
Supposedly WVU is paying $21 million.

The BE can use that to pay the MW to get Boise out for next year. I'm all for everything happening next year if possible. If Cuse and Pitt want to pay $21 million for the same deal, fine by me. We just use it to pay the MW and CUSA for taking their teams for next season and the Big East would be fine.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
where is this being reported?

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
How can the 27 month stipulation be selectively applied? Is there any provision that it can be negotiated? Can it be negotiated on a case by case by case basis?

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Hmm. Big XII press release says:

"Beginning with the 2012-13 season it is expected that the Big 12 Conference will be comprised of 10 Universities – Baylor, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech and West Virginia."

Either they screwed up, or something else is going on.

Reaction Score
Hmm. Big XII press release says:

"Beginning with the 2012-13 season it is expected that the Big 12 Conference will be comprised of 10 Universities – Baylor, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech and West Virginia."

Either they screwed up, or something else is going on.

I think everything is wrapping up now. Cuse, Pitt, and WVU will be gone for next season and we'll have the money to buy all of our new schools out of their current conferences.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Let's just buy BC and run it's athletic department into the ground.

Oh, wait DeFilippo is doing that already...

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Still doesn't make sense to me. We will lose our BCS AQ status if we let any school leave before 2014. We need to take the next two years to establish at least 8 schools in the conference continously in order to keep the BCS AQ status.

If them leaving next year is true, it means one of two things. First, would be that the Big East has received an exemption to the rule from the BCS in order to let the teams leave early but yet still keep the BCS AQ status. Or second, the Big East has such horrible leadership, they will let these teams leave for more money despite it taking the BCS AQ away from us. I sure hope it is the first option above.

Reaction Score
Still doesn't make sense to me. We will lose our BCS AQ status if we let any school leave before 2014. We need to take the next two years to establish at least 8 schools in the conference continously in order to keep the BCS AQ status.

If them leaving next year is true, it means one of two things. First, would be that the Big East has received an exemption to the rule from the BCS in order to let the teams leave early but yet still keep the BCS AQ status. Or second, the Big East has such horrible leadership, they will let these teams leave for more money despite it taking the BCS AQ away from us. I sure hope it is the first option above.

If teams are leaving early it's more likely they are paying a huge amount to get out and the BE will use that money to help it add it's new teams for next season thus allowing it to qualify for BCS status the next go round.

UConnSportsGuy

Reaction Score
If teams are leaving early it's more likely they are paying a huge amount to get out and the BE will use that money to help it add it's new teams for next season thus allowing it to qualify for BCS status the next go round.

The Big East would lose the BCS AQ next year as we wouldn't have 8 continous teams in the conference. I don't care how much money SyraPitt and WVU give us...no amount is worth losing the BCS AQ status for the next couple of years.

Once the conference loses the BCS AQ it will be nearly impossible to get it back. We need to keep our BCS AQ status at all costs!

Reaction Score
The Big East would lose the BCS AQ next year as we wouldn't have 8 continous teams in the conference. I don't care how much money SyraPitt and WVU give us...no amount is worth losing the BCS AQ status for the next couple of years.

Once the conference loses the BCS AQ it will be nearly impossible to get it back. We need to keep our BCS AQ status at all costs!

I agree and if that is the case they won't be leaving early. If teams are leaving early it means that our new additions are coming next season and that the BCS situation is fine. My understanding is that what we need are 8 teams that have played together for at least 2 seasons by the end of the adademic year of 2013-14. If we can add at least 2 schools for next season we will be fine.

Reaction Score

Either there is a deal being worked out for the BCS to waive the continuity requirement, which is what I assume is happening, or there will be a lawsuit that I don't see how WVU thinks it will win.

UConnSportsGuy

Reaction Score
If teams are leaving early it means that our new additions are coming next season and that the BCS situation is fine.

I hope you are right. But my confidence in the Big East leadership is not high. If they allow the teams to leave early and we lose our BCS AQ status, I will lgive up.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I agree and if that is the case they won't be leaving early. If teams are leaving early it means that our new additions are coming next season and that the BCS situation is fine.

So, as I said, either this is a mistake, or something else is up. If neither is true, and Marinatto sold out the football schools for $21M per departing FB school (as some are tweeting), thus enriching the BB schools and surrendering BCS status, Providence will burn in the eternal fires of hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom