Arkansas at Iowa State
Vanderbilt at Kansas State
Oklahoma at Auburn
Tennessee at Oklahoma State
Mississippi State at Texas
Texas Tech at Florida
Missouri at West Virginia

Reaction Score
The Baylor v SC match up is a season or two too late. I would have liked to see them play when they had Coates, Davis, Gray, and Wilson. Even last year too with just Wilson.

Still, it should be a good game.

Reaction Score
The Baylor v SC match up is a season or two too late. I would have liked to see them play when they had Coates, Davis, Gray, and Wilson. Even last year too with just Wilson.

My thoughts exactly!

Facing McCowan will be good practice before they face Kalani 2 or 3 times coming after that game.

Reaction Score

Agree with your assessment...a year or two late. One could almost say the same for these following games; Miss St @ Texas, Missouri @ WV and Tenn @ Ok St. These four games may go to the Big12...a down year for the SEC?

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Tennessee vs Oklahoma State I can't wait.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Excited about the Baylor v. SC matchup. It should be a great contest.

Texas v Mississippi St should be good as well.
I'm really curious to see how SC does this year without Wilson. 6 months ago I was pretty "down" on them thinking they weren't a top 10 team, and maybe a marginal top 15 team, but there have been so many changes with transfers and what not, and there are other teams who lost a lot too... I think I may have been "too hard" on them. Given what SC lost/gains compared to everyone else, where do most fans think SC stands at this point?

I think a lot depends on how well Cooper meshes with Henderson and Harris, and how the post players improve (Grisset, Harrigan, and Jennings)...

Reaction Score
I'm really curious to see how SC does this year without Wilson. 6 months ago I was pretty "down" on them thinking they weren't a top 10 team, and maybe a marginal top 15 team, but there have been so many changes with transfers and what not, and there are other teams who lost a lot too... I think I may have been "too hard" on them. Given what SC lost/gains compared to everyone else, where do most fans think SC stands at this point?

I think a lot depends on how well Cooper meshes with Henderson and Harris, and how the post players improve (Grisset, Harrigan, and Jennings)...

In all honesty I think this years squad could be very good. I don’t want to set the bar to high but Guard play will now be a strength versus last year. I expect a faster pace of play with some pressure. Post play will be adequate enough to handle most teams, how they handle elite teams will be the question.

Dawn thinks the ceiling for this squad is high and judging by our non-conference schedule she wants to test this team a lot.

We will play Maryland, Purdue, Baylor, UCONN, and possibly Oregon St, Western Kentucky, Drake, and Gonzaga in the new Vancouver tournament.

Remains to be seen how good we will be and how the chemistry comes together but I have confidence they’ll get it right.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
SC will have a new look next season.. fortunately for us, we won’t face too many elite front courts next season. Baylor will be a huge test and so will Mississippi State, but outside of those two I’m pretty confident that SC’s front court can match up. On the flip side, our backcourt will be as good as or better than just about every team we play next season. We go two deep at every position 1-3 and they all are experienced... so if we play to our strengths we’ll be okay. I think SC is a top 10 team next season.

Reaction Score
SC will have a new look next season.. fortunately for us, we won’t face too many elite front courts next season. Baylor will be a huge test and so will Mississippi State, but outside of those two I’m pretty confident that SC’s front court can match up. On the flip side, our backcourt will be as good as or better than just about every team we play next season. We go two deep at every position 1-3 and they all are experienced... so if we play to our strengths we’ll be okay. I think SC is a top 10 team next season.

I'm excited to see what SC looks like. As we truly have no idea right now. The BU vs SC contest will be a great test for y'all. Facing a strong front and back court. Still wish we could have met up when Wilson was there!

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score
The match up of Baylor @ SC will be a first in regular play. I'm hoping to see these 2 schools schedule more in the future.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score

I honestly think the Gamecocks will be better, by the end of the season, than they were last year. We were woefully shorthanded in the backcourt without Bianca Cuevas-Moore and Lindsay Spann. I'm expecting a lot more pressing and a lot more running this season. Also, you can expect me to do a lot of harassing of the opposing head coach during the game vs. Baylor.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Careful, she might toss a jacket at you. Or give you a nasty glare at the least.
Or worse. She might wear one of those outfits of hers. I see throwing away one of those jackets as a plus.

Last edited:

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I think Morris at the point. Will determine how good Baylor is. She had some good moments as a freshman.

Reaction Score
I think Morris at the point. Will determine how good Baylor is. She had some good moments as a freshman.

Good thing she has Chloe Jackson to help out along with Juicy who is a Jr SG or PG. However, I expect Morris to come in more confident than she did last year.

Reaction Score
Or worse. She might wear on of those outfits of hers. I see throwing away one of those jackets as a plus.

Haha well she's in good company I've seen Cheryl Reeve throw her's several times already this season!

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
2018 Schedule for Women's Basketball Challenge

Thursday , November 29

Kansas at LSU
TCU at OleMiss

Sunday,December 2

Baylor at South Carolina
Arkansas at Iowa State
Vanderbilt at Kansas State
Oklahoma at Auburn
Tennessee at Oklahoma State
Mississippi State at Texas
Texas Tech at Florida
Missouri at West Virginia
Thanks for posting this.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Good points. I think they'll be a solid top 10 team, lacking only the superstar to help them climb all the way to the top.

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Dawn thinks the ceiling for this squad is high and judging by our non-conference schedule she wants to test this team a lot.

We will play Maryland, Purdue, Baylor, UCONN, and possibly Oregon St, Western Kentucky, Drake, and Gonzaga in the new Vancouver tournament.

Dec 9th is fried chicken Sunday over in Durham. Can't wait :cool:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom