Big 12 staying at 10 | The Boneyard

Big 12 staying at 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wow weird reading that Oliver Luck could have saved the Big East.

Reaction Score
Luck was out in front of everyone and Jurich was just one step behind him. If WVU were left behind, Luck would have made a best of the rest conference a reality. He is a tireless worker and he never accepts the status quo. I'm done bashing the guy. He finds a way to get the desired result. Some people have a very strong sense of urgency, he is one of them.

Reaction Score
expect the BYU/AAC discussion to heat up..
maybe this is the time to add a couple western schools and finish off the MWC:

If BYU sees the writing on the wall for scheduling, maybe this is the time to add some western schools to create additional seperation from the MWC:
SDSU, UNLV, Fresno, and BYU would go well with the current line-up.

Would guarantee the winner of the AAC a spot in one of those extra special bowl games.

east:
uconn, cincy, temple, ECU, Navy, USF, UCF, Memphis

west:
houston, tulane, BYU, SDSU, UNLV, Fresno, Tulsa, SMU

Reaction Score
expect the BYU/AAC discussion to heat up..
maybe this is the time to add a couple western schools and finish off the MWC:

If BYU sees the writing on the wall for scheduling, maybe this is the time to add some western schools to create additional seperation from the MWC:
SDSU, UNLV, Fresno, and BYU would go well with the current line-up.

Would guarantee the winner of the AAC a spot in one of those extra special bowl games.

east:
uconn, cincy, temple, ECU, Navy, USF, UCF, Memphis

west:
houston, tulane, BYU, SDSU, UNLV, Fresno, Tulsa, SMU
Sounds good. We will pay the new teams with IOUs.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Wow weird reading that Oliver Luck could have saved the Big East.

1) He's overstating his role in that scenario.

2) Joining the AAC helps BYU with scheduling and perhaps minor bowl affiliations, but likely costs them money, too.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Who knows if that will end up being true, but I think it's a given if the Big12 were to expand Cincinnati would be gone.

If we have to be here at least Cincinnati is a quality basketball and football program.

Reaction Score
I doubt it, they would go after BYU, UCF and USF in some order before Cincy I'd guess.

Who knows if that will end up being true, but I think it's a given if the Big12 were to expand Cincinnati would be gone.

If we have to be here at least Cincinnati is a quality basketball and football program.

Reaction Score
Luck was out in front of everyone and Jurich was just one step behind him. If WVU were left behind, Luck would have made a best of the rest conference a reality. He is a tireless worker and he never accepts the status quo. I'm done bashing the guy. He finds a way to get the desired result. Some people have a very strong sense of urgency, he is one of them.
He's always been a winner! I remember him as a longhaired QB willing WVU to victories with that same sense of urgency as a young player in the late 70s or early 80s !?!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I doubt it, they would go after BYU, UCF and USF in some order before Cincy I'd guess.
With regard to the AAC TV contract, is there not a "renegotiation clause" regarding possible departure of UConn, Cincy, Houston, and Temple? (I think those are the four). From that clause, I infer that TV thinks those four are the most valuable, and hence the most attractive to other conferences.

Reaction Score
The Big XII needs to expand if for no other reason than to not look stupid having a membership number less than its big name implies.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The Big XII needs to expand if for no other reason than to not look stupid having a membership number less than its big name implies.
Quick, someone tell the Big Ten it is time to contract!!

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
clmssun said:
With regard to the AAC TV contract, is there not a "renegotiation clause" regarding possible departure of UConn, Cincy, Houston, and Temple? (I think those are the four). From that clause, I infer that TV thinks those four are the most valuable, and hence the most attractive to other conferences.
http://m.espn.go.com/extra/ncaa/story?storyId=9071683&src=desktop
contract divided the league into Group A (Connecticut, Cincinnati, Houston and Temple) and Group B (the remaining members), sources said.

The media rights deal can be terminated if either two Group A schools leave or one Group A and one Group B school leave. If two Group B schools leave, the contract will be renegotiated, sources said.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
There's so much BS and revisionist history in this article it's tough to take seriously... you could probably find articles from McMurphy from a couple years back that directly contradict it.

My guess is the Big 12 wont expand unless the other conferences force the issue.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
1) He's overstating his role in that scenario.

2) Joining the AAC helps BYU with scheduling and perhaps minor bowl affiliations, but likely costs them money, too.

That's pretty much why we are in the AAC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom