Big 12 Speculation Will Hurt Recruiting | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Big 12 Speculation Will Hurt Recruiting

Reaction Score
So make these Olympic, non revenue sports “club only”. I surely hope UConn doesn’t make any decision because the student athlete who runs the 400 doesn’t want to travel. Come on.
BS, Kids love to see a schedule that has them traveling to the best competitions. They get pissed if they don't make a trip, and will compete like heck for the right to get on the bus to the airport. Kids that don't want that should go to a lesser school/program anyway.

Reaction Score
if i were a non-football or bball athlete and didnt have Olympic dreams then i would 100% attend a D3 NESCAC school over most D1 schools, including UConn. hundreds of student athletes make this decision every year already and many more will if they dont think the added travel that D1 sports now requires is worth it.
that's fine for you, but there's a long line of kids who want top flight competition and educations and will snap that D1 scholarship right up.

Reaction Score
that's fine for you, but there's a long line of kids who want top flight competition and educations and will snap that D1 scholarship right up.
not the point. you were arguing that extra travel will not sway any would-be D1 athlete and that's just wrong. many would-be D1 athletes are already choosing to play down a level or two based on other considerations. increased travel will 100% be another of those considerations.

Reaction Score
At what point did you decide UConn's ceiling is a Seton Hall existence?
You're not obligated to match Waylon's crazy with your own crazy.

Reaction Score
You're not obligated to match Waylon's crazy with your own crazy.
parody /păr′ə-dē/

noun​

1. A literary or artistic work that imitates the characteristic style of an author or a work for comic effect or ridicule.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom