Big 12 ready to move quickly if Missouri leaves [WVU and/or UofL] | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Big 12 ready to move quickly if Missouri leaves [WVU and/or UofL]

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I don't know why anyone thought that these events would all transpire over the course of a few weeks. I don't think UConn is screwed. I think we just need to let events unfold and we'll be fine. As for the BE, the mere fact that this sub-board exists and is so active is all the evidence you need for why any FB school in it, wants out of it (except SFU).

Section205

I'm just filled with useless information.
Reaction Score
Holy cow. You really are onto something here. I don't think anyone realized UConn was in a world of hurt before you joined us with your deep insight into the situation. Thank you for clearing this up for us.

What bugs me is people like yourself and Zls that seem to be rejoicing in the destruction of UConn's athletic program. Even BCU posters have enough class not to dance on our grave. Not you two though.

Find one post where you see that I deem to be rejoicing the destruction of UConn's athletic program. You can't! Stop putting words in people's mouths!

I want stablilty and comfort for UConn. And I believe we will see that in time. I want UConn to succeed no matter where or when this roller coaster ride ends. Just like the 99% of us posters all do. But right now the BE isn't exactly unwavering.
Go ahead Nelson, spin that any way you want.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I want stablilty and comfort for UConn. And I believe we will see that in time. I want UConn to succeed no matter where or when this roller coaster ride ends. Just like the 99% of us posters all do. But right now the BE isn't exactly unwavering. Go ahead Nelson, spin that any way you want.

Exactly.

Look, the school is coming off an unprecedentedly great year. But despite that, despite the market, despite the fanbase, they aren't wanted. They just aren't.

Why?

Reaction Score
Exactly.

Look, the school is coming off an unprecedentedly great year. But despite that, despite the market, despite the fanbase, they aren't wanted. They just aren't.

Why?

Defilippo kept is out of the ACC for now, out of fear or pettiness. He wont keep is down forever.

Reaction Score
Exactly.

Why?

This seems to be oversimplification. We were wanted, we got blocked. After BC's resistance, Flipper's stupid remarks and the threat to expand the Big East, the ACC hasn't come calling again with urgency. That is concerning considering that it should have created legal pressure.

This tells us two things:

1. They DID want us at one time.

and

2. They don't want us as much now that they weakened their football conference by adding Cuse and Pitt.

If Jeff Hathaway didn't listen to the ACC when they courted us a while back, this is on him and the ex-presidents. Now, this is simply a matter of not enough seats at the table with Cuse and Pitt onboard. It isn't being "unwanted" exactly. We are too far away from the B12 to be considered and the B10 isn't really talking about expansion with anyone as best we can tell. If the B10 comes calling, it will only be because they have decided to move into the New York market. I don't think we are "unwanted" there either, we just don't fit in a midwestern conference unless that conference adds 2-3 eastern teams and makes a complete strategy overhaul.

There is no reason to be down on UConn over this. We would be in the ACC if BC didn't object. The ACC is the best fit for us as things stand. That means we were wanted by a conference that makes sense, it doesn't mean we are unwanted or unqualified.

Reaction Score
Exactly.

Why?
Z, you are needlessly frustrated. Meaning, more frustrated than you need to be. We are all frustrated. Don't be concerned over things you can't control. The BE is dissolving in solution. True. We will find a new opportunity. We could have been an ACC perennial bottom dweller but for being blocked by BC. I don't think we would have risen much above bottom dweller status for a generation. We would have the very occasional type of season that Wake is having this year, not anything else, unless some of the top programs are hamstrung by NCAA sanctions, which could well happen.

Reaction Score
Z, you are needlessly frustrated. Meaning, more frustrated than you need to be. We are all frustrated. Don't be concerned over things you can't control. The BE is dissolving in solution. True. We will find a new opportunity. We could have been an ACC perennial bottom dweller but for being blocked by BC. I don't think we would have risen much above bottom dweller status for a generation. We would have the very occasional type of season that Wake is having this year, not anything else, unless some of the top programs are hamstrung by NCAA sanctions, which could well happen.
Do you really believe that? I'm not arguing, I'm just surprised because I think we would be at least competitive in the ACC (at least middling) with the occasional run at the conference championship game. Certainly not a bottom dweller.

Reaction Score
Marinate will enforce the 27 month rule and they will be forced to pick BYU and stay at 10 per Texas AD's wishes. Oklahoma is just blowing smoke at this point.

Yes, Marinatto sticking to the 27 month rule is going to make it tough for the Big East to do anything "quickly". How are they going to admit new members, or create new alliances, with 3 schools who are no longer members being forced to "hang around" for 2 more seasons? How do you create a schedule that makes any sense?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The 27 month notice is the bailing wire holding this raft together until we spot land. I <3 the 27 month notice.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Is it a 27 month rule or end of contracts?

That seems to be the driver. Teams are locked up until after Football 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon