big-12-commissioner-league-could-be-proactive-in-expansion | Page 2 | The Boneyard

big-12-commissioner-league-could-be-proactive-in-expansion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The premise that Miami thinks WVU helps in the east is more farfetched than BL's Jennifer Aniston fantasies. If one thing is true of Miami's alumni and prospective students, it is that they do not live in WV.

Miami might well be a candidate, but WVU has nothing to do with it. The reality is that most of the ACCs problems stem from a weak contract. If Miami, BC and VT returned to form and UNC ever got its stuff together, it could be a very good league.

Ok State is newly competitive and Snyder is KSU. The B12 is facing challenges. If the ACC shows any solidarity the B12 may crumble.

Let's say this is true, which I don't believe. The only reason Miami would do this is from fear of being shut out in any expansion. The SEC won't take it, but let's say the B12 wants FSU and Clemson to start. Say the SEC takes UNC and VT. B12 goes NC State, then considers Miami, GT and Pitt for the last spot. If Miami is on probation, or given the death penalty, where does it stand?

Reaction Score
The only explanation for Tulane is that Aresco spent a weekend in New Orleans once and someone at Tulane has pictures.

image.jpg

Reaction Score
I really thought there would be alot of excitement here. Alot of smoke with this Big 12 meeting and the sec/big 10 possibly looking to strike first.
We could actually have our ticket punched by the end of the month!

Reaction Score
If you've ever spent a Saturday night on Bourbon Street, that is hardly an unusual picture.

I have and i have better but they will get me banned. ;) They make HFD look like a choirboy!

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
I really don't get what is the allure of Miami. They haven't been an elite FB team for years, they are a smallish school that draws flies, they are a scandal ridden program and the president of the school can be described as churlish on her best day.

Reaction Score
Don't know if this link has been posted yet but this comment here certainly caught my attention. If the Big 12 was smart they would realize that we give them an inroads into the media capital of the world:

He also cited the Big Ten’s recent additions of Maryland and Rutgers as examples worth monitoring as league officials consider expansion.
“Look at Maryland and Rutgers. They don’t bring programs that are of the ilk of the others in the Big Ten,” said Bowlsby, a former Iowa athletic director. “But the philosophy clearly is, ‘As members of the Big Ten, we can grow them.’ So, you can apply the same thinking to any possible addition.”

http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/01/16/4552798/big-12-commissioner-league-could.html

Reaction Score
Greg Swaim Show@GSwaim
Two actual offers to #ACC school have been made by each the #B1G & #Big12, for a total of four....more forthcoming.

Greg Swaim Show@GSwaim
We'll have the complete list in a column, and the show Monday afternoon at http://GregSwaim.com. #UVa #GT #UNC #FSU #GoCames

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Show@GS
Two actual offers to #ACC school have been made by each the #B1G & #Big12, for a total of four....more forthcoming.

Show@GS
We'll have the complete list in a column, and the show Monday afternoon at http://GregS .com. #UVa #GT #UNC #FSU #GoCames

Four invites, and five schools listed in hashtags. It's like a bad game of Survivor...

Reaction Score
If only WM was smart enough to realize that.

This was my first thought. I think that 90% of ADs do what Warde did (Retain P, ask for staff changes), but it sure would have been nice to see a more aggressive move.

Reaction Score
Is it just me or do you just want to plant a pick-ax square in the middle of Bowlsby's or Delaney's smug face when they demurely mention that they're just surveying the landscape? It's like drowning and having a couple of people stand by the water's edge holding a lifejacket saying that they want to see if you learn to swim before they trouble themselves to throw it.

Part of me thinks/knows these MF'ers know where they're going, but they're taking their sweet time getting there.

The ACC should be a cautionary tale - they got cute and ended up watching the Big Ten punt them out of the mid-Atlantic. They probably should have gone after Syracuse, Rutgers and Connecticut to own the eastern seaboard, but they were too smart by half and now they own central New York and a teeny sliver of Kentucky.

Moral - if you know where you need to be, go there now. Stop -footing around. Let's get this s*** show rollin'! Start the carnage!
Agreed. But ultimately it would not have made a lick of difference. FSU, Miami, Maryland, and others would have torpedoed the league when they saw what others were getting. It will all end up in the same place. I actually think Swofford did what he could, but there was an earthquake, and what could he do?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Jonathan W. Solomon@Ambitious_14
Florida State, Clemson, Virgina Tech, and Miami have all informally contacted the Big 12 Conference to gain interest in expansion! TAKE THEM

Jonathan W. Solomon
@Ambitious_14

Grad School --- @UofOklahoma / Langston University Alum / Resident Director / Academic Assistant for OU Athletics

Reaction Score
If VT goes to the Big 12, that'll increase our chances of getting into the B1G. The SEC and B1G will fight over UVA. Very nice.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Jonathan W. Solomon@Ambitious_14
Florida State, Clemson, Virgina Tech, and Miami have all informally contacted the Big 12 Conference to gain interest in expansion! TAKE THEM

Jonathan W. Solomon
@Ambitious_14

Grad School --- @UofOklahoma / Langston University Alum / Resident Director / Academic Assistant for OU Athletics
Who would be the replacements UConn, Cinci, USF and UCF? That would make it official that the ACC is the Big East.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom