Big 12 boards heating up on expansion again | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Big 12 boards heating up on expansion again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I thought the minute Notre Dame got involved, they would squelch the entire process, and that appears to be what they did. They flirted with the Big 12, which froze the Big 12 on FSU and Clemson, then flirted with the ACC, which caused Clemson and FSU to hold tight to see what will happen with Notre Dame. By the time all the sides figure out that Notre Dame is wasting their time, any momentum in the process will be gone and it will be 2014..

i doubt anyone's doing anything because they think ND might join a conference for football. do you really think the people at FSU and Clemson don't realize that ND's just fluffing everybody? i also don't see what momentum has to do with it. if a business decision is sound, it doesn't need momentum. i think the more realistic situation is that nobody really planned to move in the first place and it was all B-S by idiot bloggers that get paid by the page click. aside from the BE, everybody pretty much just signed and renewed their TV contracts which probably means everyone's staying put for a little while. maybe in 4-5 years, after the new championship plans are more concrete and we have a better idea of what will happen with bowl games, then i think we'll see another round of musical chairs, but i'd be surprised to see anything substantial on the near horizon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1
Top Bottom