Big 12 Agrees To Look Into WVU Travel Issues | The Boneyard

Big 12 Agrees To Look Into WVU Travel Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
WVU administration obviously forgot to check Google maps...

Reaction Score
If someone asks UConn if they want to leave the Big East, we're not checking Google Maps either.

No and I wouldn't expect the B1G to listen to woe is us we have to travel bs, either.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
That press release was the monthly Oliver Luck promo piece. When we read ND is interviewing Oliver from the ESPN ticker then we'll know he arrived and got himself a real agent. Of course WVU's on field and on court performance needs explaining. Oliver doesn't want anyone thinking he's mailing it in Flipper style or that his hiring is a problem. God forbid. It's the grueling travel

Sent from my Lumia 920 via Windows 8. Now bite me Apple Droids.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
That press release was the monthly Oliver Luck promo piece. When we read ND is interviewing Oliver from the ESPN ticker then we'll know he arrived and got himself a real agent. Of course WVU's on field and on court performance needs explaining. Oliver doesn't want anyone thinking he's mailing it in Flipper style or that his hiring is a problem. God forbid. It's the grueling travel

Sent from my Lumia 920 via Windows 8. Now bite me Apple Droids.

Reaction Score
UConn to the B12 is a scenario that WVU wouldn't mind a bit. The B12 may look our way when we least see it coming, they aren't the draw for other schools that I thought.

Reaction Score
This article is an indicator that the 12 is standing pat.

Reaction Score
i feel like there have been many indications lately. The issue is they can't pry who they want out of the ACC and don't seem to want any NBE/MWC or BYU. That is assuming Texas would ever even agree to letting an ACC team in. If Oliver Luck had any actual power in the Big 12 you would have to think Cinci and Lville would have been invited, but that ship has likely sailed.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
i feel like there have been many indications lately. The issue is they can't pry who they want out of the ACC and don't seem to want any NBE/MWC or BYU. That is assuming Texas would ever even agree to letting an ACC team in. If Oliver Luck had any actual power in the Big 12 you would have to think Cinci and Lville would have been invited, but that ship has likely sailed.
It's an interesting "what if". If the ACC had taken UConn, would the Big 12 still be staying put or would Louisville have already been invited with someone else. It's clear Cincy does nothing to move the needle (neither does UConn it seems)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Limbo Land

Pounding Down the Doors!
Reaction Score
Big12 will take Cincy and Pitt before they take us for West Virginia... maybe Louisville if ACC ripped apart.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Any chance the ACC offers WV if they start losing teams to BIG and the SEC?

I think the long run WV could be in trouble in the B12. For all sports - the families of their athletes and their alumni will obviously have difficultly participating in their travel schedule. I would think the core of their out of state alumni base is in Virginia and MD, the opposite direction of any travel games and tangentially, water cooler talk at the office.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Big12 will take Cincy and Pitt before they take us for West Virginia... maybe Louisville if ACC ripped apart.
If the B12 took Cincy and Pitt and there were no other moves, our prayers would be answered. We'd have a free pass to the ACC.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
WVU may have been sold a line with a timeframe for eastern expansion that has already passed.

Limbo Land

Pounding Down the Doors!
Reaction Score
But if Pitt is gone then that means the other teams in the league are also gone... remember UMD lawsuit goes through and teams will leave as a result sending a shockwave through the ACC... remember the rumors f the Big Easts demise. IT went for years and happened. As soon as the Big East died, then the rumblings of the ACC being picked apart started to get louder. We may have not much left if we go but it is still better then what we have now.

Reaction Score
Every season is a grind,” Luck admitted. “It was a grind in the Big East.”

Grind this you scumbag. Your leaving was the death note to the BE. Maybe I'll forget once UConn lands but until then i hope you lose every single game. And enjoy the extended travel home thinking of each and every loss.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This means nothing whatsoever that I can see. If anything it provides an indication that geographic location is material. Along those lines, consider GT or FSU traveling in the B1G. Nightmare. UVA might be able to manage. UNC is really a stretch. As much as the B1G wants to add southern schools, I don't think they can. The Big 12 may want to expand but can't pry FSU or Clemson loose (Miami?) and those are the two it likely wants.

Stalemate. Everything is frozen. If I'm the Big 12, I offer Louisville and Pitt, who may be able to opt out of the ACC without any penalty since they have not yet joined. Add those to WVU and ISU and you have some reasonable travel partners. The ACC is then out of the midwest, and offers UConn and whoever else it deems worthy.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Every season is a grind,” Luck admitted. “It was a grind in the Big East.”

Grind this you scumbag. Your leaving was the death note to the BE. Maybe I'll forget once UConn lands but until then i hope you lose every single game. And enjoy the extended travel home thinking of each and every loss.

Oh please. The league died in 2003. WVU didn't even leave until they had to. WVU did nothing wrong.

Reaction Score
The BE was damn good through the 2000s most years, won some BCS games. But whaler is right in one key sense: except for one year, the league didn't have a real title game contender. Even undefeated Cincy wasn't taken seriously--and then they were promptly blown out in a BCS game.

If we don't want to talk about 2003, the real villain is Pitt.

Reaction Score
Oh please. The league died in 2003. WVU didn't even leave until they had to. WVU did nothing wrong.
While I don't agree it died in 2003, the 13 million offer from espn was proof the big east was still valuable, how anyone could be upset at wvu for forcing the issue to get out is beyond me given our current situation. They're leadership made assurances no one else would to get that big 12 slot aND paid what they had to to get out. That is called getting it done for your school.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
I don't blame WVU for leaving. Ironically, had they stayed, they would have gone to the ACC instead of 'ville. This kind of speaks to the vision of the ACC. They should have taken WVU a long time ago.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I don't blame WVU for leaving. Ironically, had they stayed, they would have gone to the ACC instead of 'ville. This kind of speaks to the vision of the ACC. They should have taken WVU a long time ago.

The ACC rejected them. That's why they went to the Big 12 over Louisville.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom