Big 10, Pac 12, and ACC alliance to spill over into basketball? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Big 10, Pac 12, and ACC alliance to spill over into basketball?

Reaction Score
I like UCONN in the Big East. It is the best and most natural fit for us. I do not care about football at all.

The long term goal for the school is the Big 10 The other goal is a recreation of the old Big East through further conference realignment. I support both options whichever happens first.
I'm genuinely curious as to how you came upon this information about this particular realignment.

Reaction Score
UCONN didn’t leave the American to rejoin another American conference in the making in the Big 12 or the ACC if they get ransacked. You don’t join a broken conference unless it is a step up for your university and it wouldn’t

it’s just not good for business

The Big East is UCONN’s natural home. UCONN is content with the situation as is for the medium term.

PS: UCONN has two plans long term. I support both ideas, whichever arrives first wins out. Long term the primgoal is the Big 10 conference. The other plan is a recreation of the old Big East once again if the ACC implodes. Cuse, Pitt, Notre Dame, BC, West Virginia, Virginia Tech and Louisville rejoining the Big East. Duke and Kansas added to make the Big East a P5 conference once more.
The watered down ACC would be a reconstituted BE minus the bball only schools….

Let’s say in 15 years Clemson and FSU join the SEC and subsequently UNC and UVA join the big10. I don’t care what ND does but of the 10 remaining teams 6 used to be in the BE: Cuse, BC, Pitt, Lville, Vtech, Miami, plus gtech, ncstate, wake, and Duke. Add UConn, Cincy, WVU if possible, then maybe Memphis, and we’re right back at home. 9 of the 14 were BE schools.

The new ACC Would be the 4th best conference. Better than the big12 even after adding ucf and BYU and about a million times better than the aac is.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UCONN didn’t leave the American to rejoin another American conference in the making in the Big 12 or the ACC if they get ransacked. You don’t join a broken conference unless it is a step up for your university and it wouldn’t

it’s just not good for business

The Big East is UCONN’s natural home. UCONN is content with the situation as is for the medium term.

PS: UCONN has two plans long term. I support both ideas, whichever arrives first wins out. Long term the primgoal is the Big 10 conference. The other plan is a recreation of the old Big East once again if the ACC implodes. Cuse, Pitt, Notre Dame, BC, West Virginia, Virginia Tech and Louisville rejoining the Big East. Duke and Kansas added to make the Big East a P5 conference once more.
Fan fiction is cute.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22
Top Bottom