Big 10 or bust | The Boneyard

Big 10 or bust

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Herbst has to close them or she should quit. The ACC schools are all singing kumbaya. I don't know if I believe them, but for now they seem to all be great friends. Herbst blew the easy sale, now she has to make the hard one.

Get them to sign on the line that is dotted.

Reaction Score
Herbst has to close them or she should quit. The ACC schools are all singing kumbaya. I don't know if I believe them, but for now they seem to all be great friends. Herbst blew the easy sale, now she has to make the hard one.

I can't believe I am agreeing with Nelson. But you are right. Herbt had one 1 goal. She has failed. Now we need to know why. Maybe it wasn't her fault. Maybe elements in the ACC just despise us so much like BC or whoever that we never had a prayer. But we deserve to know either way. That would be a message to the members of the Horde who have been pretty much useless during this whole process.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Enough on the Big Ten.

Ghandi, Jesus and Abe Lincoln could all call Delaney on our behalf and we still would not get in.

It's not possible.

Reaction Score
Enough on the Big Ten.

Ghandi, Jesus and Abe Lincoln could all call Delaney on our behalf and we still would not get in.

It's not possible.
Mao could!

Reaction Score
It's funny how judgement has already been cast and yet no one has a clue what the final outcome is.

If they are voting on UL tomorrow you can bet they will get enough votes.

But no one has any idea on what's next.

I think FSU and Clemson want UL in so it keeps the Big 12 at 10 and then Clemson and FSU get the invite. :cool:

Reaction Score
I think we are f-cked. Not getting the votes in the ACC unless and until more teams get cherry picked out of there and they have no choice. B1G not happening either. en all, let's go independent!

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
If anyone thinks that the athletic program does not impact the school, they are out of their mind. The difference between UConn and UMass today is that UConn hired a class act like Calhoun 25 years ago, and UMass hired a scumbag like Calipari that was trading up from the minute he got on campus.

Every building on campus has been rebuilt in the last 20 years, and none of that happens without the basketball teams. None of it. UConn is a third tier safety school scraping for a Top 100 ranking and holding classes in 50 year old buildings like Arjona and Monteith if Calhoun, and to a lesser extent Auriemma don't walk on campus.

Herbst's job is to just keep us in the game. No one is asking for a Top 10 football program or what that entails, but just keep us in the game. Keep us in the big leagues. In 2003, there were 62 schools in BCS conferences, with UConn scheduled to join the Big East in 2005. In 2014, there will be 64 teams in BCS conferences. 3, Louisville, TCU, and Utah, worked their way in, and ONE, the University of Connecticut, got knocked out.

This is Armageddon. Forget about firing Pasqualoni, because we will not be able to get anyone to replace him. If Ollie wins 18 games this year, he is gone. The athletic program will be a wasteland, and the football program will be playing Memphis, Tulane and ECU in front of 20k.

And all that lost free marketing will have an impact on alumni donations which will have an impact on academics.

Herbst blew it as completely as a university President can blow it.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
ppl are going to freak out here 2moro when lville has a 330 presser on moving to the acc. bank on that freak out. the simple matter is that uconn is going to sit tight for a bit and strive for that b10 invite. the acc invite will be there on the table. uva and prob unc will leave the acc soon let alone any damage the sec or b12 do. there will be spots for uconn so ppl here need to understand that. if we wanted the acc and were happy, we would have moved last week to it. we have better ideas for our future and until those aren't possible, we can wait. remember what susan said way back when. we are not desperate but a lot of our fans that dont understandd this CR game are.....

another good one-look up what wilbon said at the end of pti today. all the espn raindeer games i have been talking about get exposed over time as ppl slip up saying or ignoring or devalueing things. this is just example ######....

Reaction Score
why the would the big 10 want us, the acc doesnt even want us for christs sake

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
ppl are going to freak out here 2moro when lville has a 330 presser on moving to the acc. bank on that freak out. the simple matter is that uconn is going to sit tight for a bit and strive for that b10 invite. the acc invite will be there on the table. uva and prob unc will leave the acc soon let alone any damage the sec or b12 do. there will be spots for uconn so ppl here need to understand that. if we wanted the acc and were happy, we would have moved last week to it. we have better ideas for our future and until those aren't possible, we can wait. remember what susan said way back when. we are not desperate but a lot of our fans that dont understandd this CR game are.....

another good one-look up what wilbon said at the end of pti today. all the espn raindeer games i have been talking about get exposed over time as ppl slip up saying or ignoring or devalueing things. this is just example ######....

Hey HFD, save me the trouble; what did Wilbon say?

Reaction Score
The ACC doesn't want us for irrational reasons, they clearly hate us and I have to imagine it stems from when Miami, BC and Va Tech defected. The Big 10 isn't run by scumbags, they seem to have very well fought out reasons for the schools they select. I think we fit the profile they are looking for, northeast expansions, research school, good academics etc.

Reaction Score
but all week, the consensus about what uconn brings to the table has been a resounding nothing. and that wasnt from just the Miami's FSU's of the world, but almost the entire "realignment media." ... I mean even on boards of schools like UNC, UVA and many Big 10 schools, for some reason Louisville was the "obvious" choice. I think we're out of luck. I gotta think, at this point, it would be best just to break off with the BBall schools/Cinci/USF, form an olympic sports conference and have some sort of independant/scheduling alliance with those schools in football.

Reaction Score
Please stop posting useless drivel about us going to the Big 10. It makes us look like a bunch of morons. We just got completely disregarded by the ducking ACC like the fat easy girl who you won't have anything to do with until you get fat/go bald and have no other options. No one is saving us now.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Hey HFD, save me the trouble; what did Wilbon say?

something about the unc/ind game being a future conf game and katz also slipped up earlier saying duke and unc are going to make the b10 a powerhouse or something like that. lots of interesting slips. i never had duke pegged for b10 but its completely possible considering all the metrics that go into it. duke and unc together bring $$ to the cable boxes and more eastern fanbases. they would be the nwestern of the east division but with good bball and it also just further pokes my big going big stance.

Reaction Score
Herbst inherited a sandwich, but she's not going to take a bite. I have 100% confidence we will be fine. You want to place blame, go back to not taking Penn St, the root of our problems. You can't focus on short term gratification, but need to look to the long term. Even if we are in the NBE for a while, our athletics and academics will eventually land us in a good place.

Reaction Score
HFD, I'm guessing you're also the type of person who believes the real Paul McCartney is dead because they hid clues in their songs about it.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
HFD, I'm guessing you're also the type of person who believes the real Paul McCartney is dead because they hid clues in their songs about it.

hes a beatles guy right? i'm not much of a fan of that music. your going to have to come up with a better line for me to answer your question

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
HFD, you should spend a little time getting to know Beatles music.

This thread is beginning to remind me of the one from late August 2010 (from the old board) when it was announced that Majok would not return. We had a meltdown because (supposedly) we no longer had a shot at winning more than four or five games the upcoming season.

I keep thinking (some 25 years ago) running into a number of fans at an early season game who were convinced we blew it by hiring JC instead of Penders (who brought URI to the sweet sixteen). A large portion of our fanbase over reacts like a bunch of pre-school kids on a sugar rush.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The Big Ten has no interest whatsoever.

Seriously - none.

Tend to agree. Sometimes I wonder if CT people ever venture outside the state. We may look at Iowa and think it's a small state in the middle of flyover country that grows corn. But in Iowa, they don't even know that Connecticut exists. New England is a "state" in the east somehwere, and Boston is its capital. The subcomponents of New England are irrelevant. I doubt most people in the country know that metro NY extends to Fairfield county.

I'd up our chances to more like .1%, but they are low. Two options are on the table: 1) a massive school grab ensues...resulting in the ACC and Big XII becoming carrion for the SEC, PAC and B1G or 2) The ACC takes us later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom