Status
Not open for further replies.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Told y'all we'd be a P5 team soon!!!

Reaction Score

1. Bruce Feldman ‏@BruceFeldmanCFB 31m31 minutes ago
    BigTen counting some of these programs for Power5 opponent requirement is sketchy. UConn & Army each have only 5 FBS wins since since 2013.

2. Santini ‏@Santini35 16m16 minutes ago
    @BruceFeldmanCFB Way to really bound your years to make them look bad, UConn actually went to a BCS game recently,while some P5s NEVER HAV

3. Bruce Feldman ‏@BruceFeldmanCFB 9m9 minutes ago
    @Santini35 Seriously? UConn has been to five bowl games in school history.

4. @Santini35 3m3 minutes ago
    @BruceFeldmanCFB Of how many years being FBS??I forgot,only schools that were good in the 40s get to be included in "Real College Football"

How many does Indiana have?!?!?!?!?

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score

BigTen counting some of these programs for Power5 opponent requirement is sketchy. UConn & Army each have only 5 FBS wins since since 2013.

@BruceFeldmanCFB Way to really bound your years to make them look bad, UConn actually went to a BCS game recently,while some P5s NEVER HAV

@BruceFeldmanCFB Of how many years being FBS??I forgot,only schools that were good in the 40s get to be included in "Real College Football"
You probably should have answered that question yourself in your last tweet. That uninformed schmuck probably has no idea how long UConn has been FBS.

Reaction Score
You probably should have answered that question yourself in your last tweet. That uninformed schmuck probably has no idea how long UConn has been FBS.
Others expounded on that point with him

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
YES... This is pretty huge for us. Basically says to the P5 Conferences too that we should be taken seriously as the last of the non-P5's not in the club (yet).

This has to hurt if you're a Houston, Navy, Temple, Tulsa, Tulane, UCF, ECU, or USF fan though. Bring on the B1G!!!

Reaction Score
I suspect they're reading some tea leaves here, and realizing there's a good shot UConn and/or Cincinnati will find themselves in a P5 conference in the near future, and for UConn, possibly the B1G. Given all the other factors that put those schools on par with most P5 schools, it makes sense to leave the door open for them to remain available for B1G football scheduling, at least right now.

The criteria for Army and Navy are probably a little different (I doubt they'll ever join a P5 conference), but history and political considerations may be relevant there. Notre Dame and BYU have clearly proven themselves. Honestly, I'd have expected them to allow Boise State to qualify as well, given their football excellence, but maybe that's not the biggest factor.

Reaction Score
I suspect they're reading some tea leaves here, and realizing there's a good shot UConn and/or Cincinnati will find themselves in a P5 conference in the near future, and for UConn, possibly the B1G. Given all the other factors that put those schools on par with most P5 schools, it makes sense to leave the door open for them to remain available for B1G football scheduling, at least right now.
I wondered how this would help UConn since if they were already on the B1G schedule by being in the conference, they would have to turn the games into conference games and reschedule new OOC games.

But I wonder if this could open the door for other P5 conference schools to schedule UConn. It also helps build legitimacy for UConn, and starts creating some sort of history between UConn and B1G schools.

I mean, even if reading the tea-leaves is wrong, there is nothing but good that comes from this.

Reaction Score

That was a nice spanking. He earned it. Good job.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
My friend says it is like a minor Big Ten. He of course doesn't get it, but that is typical of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom