Big 10 bball this year | The Boneyard

Big 10 bball this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
what am i missing here? ppl are pumping that this conf is going to be great this year? really? ppl are saying 8 of the 12 atleast will be ncaat bound. no way is my thought!

tosu is a good team, i expect sweet16 lock.
msu is never to be slept on and i expect a ncaa team from izzo.
but who else and why?
purdue? thye get that kid thats always hurt back right? so lets say they are worthy.
michigan is supose to be good but nothing special, ok put them in.
wisc has been good the past couple years, who do they have coming back? am i missing the boat on them? ok fine they are a ncaa team.
thats 5 teams i see.

what do ppl see in minn? nwest? ill? and the rest of the conf? do ppl think that minn/nwest/ill are better than mid pack teams from the BE/acc/b12 this year? is the b10 really that deep or is this just early season pumping?

i look at the b10 and clearly see a 2 horse race from the start between tosu/msu with pur/mich/wisc being good. but besides those 5 i don't see it.
take the top 8 BE teams. for arguments sake uconn/cuse/lville/cincy/pitt/marq/nova/wvu
does tosu or msu go .500 vs those teams, sure. but does the rest of that conf? i don't think so. i just dont see the b10 being as good as ppl are saying. some 1 tell me i'm wrong and why...what players make the diff etc...

Reaction Score
i dont know what robbie hummels impact will be considering he sat out the past 2 years and always will have the injury in the back in his mind

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Wisconsin has the best PG in the country coming back.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Wisconsin has the best PG in the country coming back.
while i don't rank him that high i do know who you are talking about and he is good. forgot about taylor plain and simple. so they are going to be good. thats fine. i still don't see any depth in that conf.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Well, the Big 10 has 12 teams compared to the Big East's 16. So having 5 pretty good teams in their league is similar to 7 or 8 in ours. And I don't know anybody who is saying they're at the Big East's level anyway.

Reaction Score
what am i missing here? ppl are pumping that this conf is going to be great this year? really? ppl are saying 8 of the 12 atleast will be ncaat bound. no way is my thought!

but who else and why?
purdue? thye get that kid thats always hurt back right? so lets say they are worthy.
wisc has been good the past couple years, who do they have coming back? am i missing the boat on them? ok fine they are a ncaa team.
thats 5 teams i see.

what do ppl see in minn? nwest? ill? and the rest of the conf? do ppl think that minn/nwest/ill are better than mid pack teams from the BE/acc/b12 this year? is the b10 really that deep or is this just early season pumping?

i look at the b10 and clearly see a 2 horse race from the start between tosu/msu with pur/mich/wisc being good. but besides those 5 i don't see it.
take the top 8 BE teams. for arguments sake uconn/cuse/lville/cincy/pitt/marq/nova/wvu
does tosu or msu go .500 vs those teams, sure. but does the rest of that conf? i don't think so. i just dont see the b10 being as good as ppl are saying. some 1 tell me i'm wrong and why...what players make the diff etc...
Izzo is just a great coach so MSU is always a threat to surprise. I don't hold the Big 10 in high regard either this year. Ohio State should coast in conference. Michigan and Memphis in Maui should be fun. I like Michigan this year to place 2nd in the Big 10. Have a great day!

Reaction Score

but who else and why?
thats 5 teams i see.

Is it me or is Osu overrated? Sullinger obv is a beast. Buford is good but not great. And Craft, their pg is basically called upon to run the show and play good d; not really make any plays. I think theyre a good team, but I dont see them on UNC, KY, or our level.

Reaction Score
Deshaun Thomas will be a beast this year for Ohio State. He put up great numbers last year off the bench (and shot as much as a starter when he was in the game). They'll miss Diebler, because he was probably the most underrated player in the NCAA's last season (took the same number of 3's as Kemba took last year, but made 50% more than Kemba made), and Lighty, who was their senior leader. But they return everyone else from a team that won 34 games last season, and their only losses were to 2 top 10 teams on the road (and Kentucky in the NCAA's).

Anyone talking about the Big 10 being good is just talking about depth of the conference. They are saying that 8/12 teams could make it to the NCAA tournament if the chips for each team fell the right way. And out of the 4 others, 3 of them have conceivably enough talent/experience to put something together and make a run.

Reaction Score
Indiana is supposed to break out this year.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Every year they pump up the Big 10 and almost every year they blow chunks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom