Bianca | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bianca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Bianca is just not a PG. She is best off the ball where she has thrived since the latter part of her junior year, contributing mightily to the national championship. At the point, she’s a turnover machine, as she was her first two years at S.C.. She not only lost her chance to be starting PG to Ty Harris but there were a few games, early in that season, when Dawn went to frosh Araion Bradshaw to first relieve Harris. It was reminiscent of the previous season when Dawn hopped Shay Colley over Cuevas-Moore as the backup in the PG rotation - but then Colley transferred after the Christmas break due to homesickness.

Reaction Score
BTW Bria Smith might have suited up for the Liberty Belles but when she wanted to get a real good run in she grabbed her CTK HS teammate Ariel Edwards & headed down 95 to run with the Philly Belles.

Reaction Score
I think Breanna Stewart traveled all the way from Syracuse to play with the Philly Belles, coached by Mike Flynn and Elena Delle Donne played with another Philly AAU squad - Fencor, coached by Stu Something

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I think Breanna Stewart traveled all the way from Syracuse to play with the Philly Belles, coached by Mike Flynn and Elena Delle Donne played with another Philly AAU squad - Fencor, coached by Stu Something
Mike didn't coach Stewie at the Belles. Brian Creech, Kevin Lynch & Fran Burbidge did.
Stuart's last name is London. EDD not only played at Fencor they won AAU national championship at 12-14. Caroline Doty was also on those Fencor teams. The Fencor team broke apart for their last season of AAU with Caroline going over to join the Belles and EDD going over to join the Comets. Philly has many good AAU programs but the Belles are/were at the top of the heep.

Reaction Score
Mike didn't coach Stewie at the Belles. Brian Creech, Kevin Lynch & Fran Burbidge did.
Stuart's last name is London. EDD not only played at Fencor they won AAU national championship at 12-14. Caroline Doty was also on those Fencor teams. The Fencor team broke apart for their last season of AAU with Caroline going over to join the Belles and EDD going over to join the Comets. Philly has many good AAU programs but the Belles are/were at the top of the heep.

Reaction Score
First of all, thanks for filling in the gaps and correcting my mistakes .. yes, it was Stu London who coached Fencor and I guess Mike Flynn stopped coaching and is just running the organization.
I coached AAU against Mike & Stu & Rennie Pierangeli who coached the Comets in the mid-90s.

When Chamique graduated from Christ the King in 1995, it gave hope to a lot of teams that they could finally take down CTK and become #1 in the country. One of those teams was Cardinal O'Hara, a team stocked with Philly AAU kids including Mike Flynn's protégé, point guard Ace Clement [Tennessee]. Also on O'Hara were the Halpin twins, Brandi Batch and Rennie's daughter, Jackie. The BIG game was played in Queens and everyone [it seems] from Philly came up to Middle Village to see the changing of the guard. O'Hara was ranked #2 in the nation at the time, was averaging more than 90 ppg, and was heavily favoured. Even legendary scout&journalist Joe Smith picked O'Hara to finally defeat CTK after many years of frustration.

However, it was not to be. The pundits were wrong. CTK prevailed, 49-46, holding O'Hara to more than 40 points below their per-game-average. Ironically, my no-name daughter, who led CTK most of the night, wound up playing her college ball in Philly, at the Palestra, for the Quakers at the University of Pennsylvania. CTK wound up their season undefeated, NY State champions [as usual] and #2 in the country.

The game was ultra exxxciting from start-to-finish. I would have to rank it up there with Boys High [Connie Hawkins] vs Wingate [Roger Brown] at MSG in 1960 for the PSAL title and 2) Bishop Loughlin [Mark Jackson/Wheeler Bros] vs Archbishop Molloy [Kenny Smith/Steve Kratzer] for the 1983 CHSAA title. And for more excitement, let's throw in a coupla Pearl Washington games! haha

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Bianca is closing in on 1000 points for her career; I hope she sets that mark at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom