Betts to UCLA (merged) | The Boneyard

Betts to UCLA (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Can't imagine Geno wanting anyone else.

Agreed I think we are done, although many of our potential challengers are very much in the hunt for a guard (of which there are many) or possibly Morrow up front.

Reaction Score
I’ll be watching Closely to see just how Close this “super team” gets to the title over the next three years. Personally, I think that door is Closed until they get a coach that has a Closer understanding of what it takes to meld great talent into a cohesive, cooperative, and consistent unit. As I Close this diatribe, let me just express my profound doubt that the current coach at UCLA, in spite of the great talent she has assembled there, will be able to Close the deal and bring a championship to an admittedly legendary basketball school.:rolleyes:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Can't imagine Geno wanting anyone else.

Does anyone care to wager that she WON'T start the next 3 years? :rolleyes:

UCLA head coach Cori Close must be living right. While Betts did not post on social media about her transfer, her mother Michelle Betts responded to a post about her daughter’s decision, referencing the plans of the Stanford coaching staff.

"With all due respect, your projections or anyone’s projections don’t really don’t mean anything. The coaches make the decisions and none of you have any idea what they might have planned or not planned for Lauren. I won’t respond again but I felt I had to say that." Lauren Betts wrote in her own post announcing her move to UCLA: “Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow,”

Close recruited ESPN's 2022 Hoopgurlz #2 ranked Kiki Rice last year, then gets #1 ranked Betts to transfer in for the upcoming season. She didn't waste any time getting her "bag" either.

UCLA's Kiki Rice Becomes First College Athlete to Sign Jordan NIL Deal

The freshman guard and McDonald's All-American was welcomed to the Jordan family by Zion Williamson, Carmelo Anthony and others.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Pretty awesome! Congrats, Coach Close and the UCLA Bruins. This is a huge get for that program and this could help out Betts as well. She could, depending on how her summer goes with skill development, be the focal point of the offense. That UCLA squad might cause some problems next year, especially in that PAC 12.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I’ll be watching Closely to see just how Close this “super team” gets to the title over the next three years. Personally, I think that door is Closed until they get a coach that has a Closer understanding of what it takes to meld great talent into a cohesive, cooperative, and consistent unit. As I Close this diatribe, let me just express my profound doubt that the current coach at UCLA, in spite of the great talent she has assembled there, will be able to Close the deal and bring a championship to an admittedly legendary basketball school.:rolleyes:
I agree. She now has the #1 and #2 ranked recruits from last year's (2022) class on her roster. No more excuses. She'll have one of the most talented, if not THE most talented team in the PAC-12. Let's see how many other elite players she can bring in to support them and push UCLA over the top in next year's NCAAT, and punch their ticket to qualify to play that 1st weekend in April. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I agree. She now has the #1 and #2 ranked recruits from last year's (2022) class on her roster. No more excuses. She'll have one of the most talented, if not THE most talented team in the PAC-12. Let's see how many other elite players she can bring in to support them and push UCLA over the top in next year's NCAAT, and punch their ticket to qualify to play that 1st weekend in April. :rolleyes:
Don’t forget, she also has her top player Charisma Osborne coming back as she withdrew from the draft in order to play one more year. We’ll see, but certainly there’s no shortage of talent on that roster.

Reaction Score
I think UCLA will arguably have the most talented collection of players in the country within a few years, especially if Sienna Betts also goes there. They’ll have Kiki Rice, Lauren Betts, Amanda Muse, Kendall Dudley, Sienna Betts, Londynn Jones, etc.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
So UCLA wins the PAC 12 next season and then the BIG 10 next August. Then takes out everyone in that Conference for the following 2 years. Don't see them winning it all for at least the next couple of years, UConn is it until Azzi leaves.

Reaction Score
@Cuango, I love how you sprinkled the proper noun Close in the above paragraph — creatively using it as a verb.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
We may end up playing UCLA in the Cayman islands tournament.

Reaction Score
Close call Cuango.

Reaction Score
Hailey Van Lith is visiting LSU!!!!….will she or won’t she commit????
Play for one of the best coaches in the game fresh off a national championship, and I believe they are one of the best places to go for NIL claiming perhaps the highest paid student-athlete. Not a bad landing spot for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom