OT: - Betting - Kinda Unfair | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Betting - Kinda Unfair

Reaction Score
So now I've got this one. I'm definitely not cashing out. 2 games left. I like the Bryant game, I may have made a bit of a mistake with the FIU game. Had to rush the bet. Both play at the same time. I may put $100 down against FIU pre-game. Hope to get some bets in game against Bryant for more hedges. Low major games swing a lot.

1704987009838.png

Reaction Score
So now I've got this one. I'm definitely not cashing out. 2 games left. I like the Bryant game, I may have made a bit of a mistake with the FIU game. Had to rush the bet. Both play at the same time. I may put $100 down against FIU pre-game. Hope to get some bets in game against Bryant for more hedges. Low major games swing a lot.

View attachment 95014
Why wouldn’t you just do a 5 game parlay on the games yesterday? That would have paid like $360 (the cash out is not a good option).

Then you could have taken the winnings and done whatever you want on today’s game.

Reaction Score
Why wouldn’t you just do a 5 game parlay on the games yesterday? That would have paid like $360 (the cash out is not a good option).

Then you could have taken the winnings and done whatever you want on today’s game.
Because, I wanna "parlay it and make a big score" - George Costanza

Because I'm a home run hitter, not an average hitter. Although, I do bet single games too. But the parlays I go for the big wins.

If I hit this parlay, I can afford 91 more $15 - 7 game parlays.

Reaction Score

View attachment 95014
lol good luck managing 2 at the same time. You want to leave yourself a single game at the end that you could hedge either pre-game or live (which gives back a lot less EV than the cashout option).

It looks like Bryant is a big enough favorite that they should still get a decent live line for most of the first half even if trailing narrowly, or a comfortable line if leading. I would look for an opportunity to bet $100 on Bryant's opponent at something like +10.5 live.

If you're really unsure about FIU's opponent, there is nothing wrong with throwing away a little EV to lock in a profit.

But dealing with both of those at once is going to be a pain. The situation you don't want is hedging only one of them and having the other fail to cover. Or if you hedge both, going 1 for 2 actually loses you money.

If you had 2 games left sequentially, you could at least do something like hedge the first game smaller then, if the parlay is still alive, hedge the second game larger.

Good luck.

Reaction Score

Psst...it's because he seems to be a bit of degen....

;)

Reaction Score
Because, I wanna "parlay it and make a big score" - George Costanza

Because I'm a home run hitter, not an average hitter. Although, I do bet single games too. But the parlays I go for the big wins.

If I hit this parlay, I can afford 91 more $15 - 7 game parlays.

You should take the ~4 games you feel best about from your 7+ team parlays, make a smaller parlay out of those, and then also round-robin bet the smaller parlay!!!

Reaction Score

View attachment 95014
Oh, my other comment: doesn't Draftkings have a recurring "stepped up parlay" promo for college basketball? I see it now, in fact.

A 7-leg parlay is boosted by 50% (and still makes DK money because longshot parlays are really dumb and rarely profitable for the bettor).

So if you are going to do this, you should absolutely be using the boost.

Reaction Score
Oh, my other comment: doesn't Draftkings have a recurring "stepped up parlay" promo for college basketball? I see it now, in fact.

A 7-leg parlay is boosted by 50% (and still makes DK money because longshot parlays are really dumb and rarely profitable for the bettor).

So if you are going to do this, you should absolutely be using the boost.
Yes, and this is the only time I ever attempt 8 legs. The payout is something like $7,500 on $25 (max bet). I have not hit one yet though. That'd be like 4 grand slams in a game.

Its basically like buying a scratch off.

Reaction Score

Some times I'll do a big....and a little if I like the grouping. This was a big night I hit 3 or 4.

1704993863419.png

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
You’re a degen. I love it. This is one of those fine print things. I guarantee what they did was within their rules/policies. It just sucks that it happened. Take the money and make another donkey parlay.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Fairness and legal sports betting shouldn't be uttered in the same sentence. They do anything to not pay out, if you show that you know what you're doing even a little bit you are immediately limited. Sorry this happened to you but it's a bit of expected behavior with the big name sports books.
When we won it all with Shabazz I had us 75-1 with my bookie. It hit and I got paid. The very next morning, there was a banner alert on my guys site stating that no wager would pay more than 50-1 despite the listed odds. LOL.

Reaction Score
Bam! That’s what we do, gambling and basketball. Ball don’t lie.

1705025966124.png

Reaction Score
Well I hope you let FIU ride. They're cruising.
You almost jinxed me, lol. They gave up 10 straight right after your post. Both teams made me sweat down the stretch.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
When we won it all with Shabazz I had us 75-1 with my bookie. It hit and I got paid. The very next morning, there was a banner alert on my guys site stating that no wager would pay more than 50-1 despite the listed odds. LOL.
You broke the bank!

Reaction Score
Bam! That’s what we do, gambling and basketball. Ball don’t lie.

View attachment 95044
Nice score.

I have two different little 3-leg parlays tonight.

One was (Tulane +7 + Over 161.5) + Coastal Carolina +8. Tulane held on to lose 85-84, nailed that one. But Coastal got blown out.

The other was (UTRGV +7 + Under 145.5) + FIU. You already know FIU won. The RGV game was close all second half. I just needed it to stay close enough that there wouldn't be any fouling at the end. 70-70 in the final minute, perfect. I just need somebody to score and hold on. Instead, nobody scores. Overtime, where I'm going to lose on the total.

So I was basically correct on 5 out of the 6 legs tonight, and I'm getting nothing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom