OT: - Betting - Kinda Unfair | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Betting - Kinda Unfair

Reaction Score
Oh, my other comment: doesn't Draftkings have a recurring "stepped up parlay" promo for college basketball? I see it now, in fact.

A 7-leg parlay is boosted by 50% (and still makes DK money because longshot parlays are really dumb and rarely profitable for the bettor).

So if you are going to do this, you should absolutely be using the boost.
7-leg 50-50 parlays have 128 outcomes, so should pay 127 to 1 to be even. On Fanduel 7-leggers pay 91.424 to 1, or only 72% of breaking even. Every leg you add gives you worse odds. Awfully tough to survive very long. Using a 50% boost will actually put the odds in the player’s favor … I assume that is DK’s small loss-leader to keep you playing/addicted.

I get a lot of 30% boost offers. If you play a classic 3-leg boost with that 30% boost … the expected payout is in your favor.

Any degenerates stick to the boosts with positive expected value and try to grind it out? I’ve been hovering around even for quite a while now.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I understand the disappointment, but most house rules are pretty clear. The game has to be played on the day is scheduled

Today, or tomorrow, is another day. Just remember one thing, have fun. Nothing more and nothing less, have fun.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
All I can think of when reading this thread.

Screenshot_20240112_094457_Chrome Beta.jpg

Reaction Score
I understand the disappointment, but most house rules are pretty clear. The game has to be played on the day is scheduled

Today, or tomorrow, is another day. Just remember one thing, have fun. Nothing more and nothing less, have fun.
I know, that's why I said "kinda" unfair. I'm already over it as I landed a much bigger fish last night and got my vengeance on DK. Was having a great time, until Luke Goode missed the front end with 6 seconds left that blew up my -3.5 in an 8 game boosted parlay that was already 4 wins in.

But DK is really pissing me off right now as they're stalling their mid/low major lines release for next day games later at night. Really screwing with my reach around parlay setups.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Because, I wanna "parlay it and make a big score" - George Costanza

Because I'm a home run hitter, not an average hitter. Although, I do bet single games too. But the parlays I go for the big wins.

If I hit this parlay, I can afford 91 more $15 - 7 game parlays.
So if you win you are just going to give it all back by betting more 7 game parlays?

Reaction Score
So I saw the weather reports for KC and Buffalo and put in a parlay built on a lot of unders. Then today the Bills game gets postponed to Monday and there’s no way for me to cancel it. There a couple legs that I probably would pull back but now I have to let it ride.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Yes, and this is the only time I ever attempt 8 legs. The payout is something like $7,500 on $25 (max bet). I have not hit one yet though. That'd be like 4 grand slams in a game.

Its basically like buying a scratch off.
I hit a 9 game NFL parlay earlier this season (and had I added in the afternoon slate I went 3/3 on it would have been a 12 legger).

$5 paid $2,130. It was definitely a once in a lifetime betting slate for me haha.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom