Better start practicing those free throws now.... | The Boneyard

Better start practicing those free throws now....

Reaction Score
Watching this I can't help but think that UConn will be a prime beneficiary of a chorus of whistles blowing every time we happen across these, "physical" match ups. Of course the reality will be something else entirely but I do like the intent of trying to turn these sub fifty point final score slogs into higher scoring affairs. Or at least I think that's what they're aiming for.
Of course the first example used is AS being called for a hold but nobody's perfect.

Reaction Score
On the foul against Steven in the first click, I do not know who was really responsible for the foul: the defender or the attacker. From one perspective, the defender looked like she created the situation which disrupted the offensive player's situation resulting in the arms being thrown back into the defender. But, what do I know. I am just watching and being entertained.

Reaction Score
On the foul against Steven in the first click, I do not know who was really responsible for the foul: the defender or the attacker. From one perspective, the defender looked like she created the situation which disrupted the offensive player's situation resulting in the arms being thrown back into the defender. But, what do I know. I am just watching and being entertained.

Veryoldog: It is a bit disconcerting for me as an old time player/watcher to see the new jump in foul on the defenders. The old rule/method was the person initiating the contact created the foul. The interpertation by many Refs seems to say a rule change has happened---did it?
Uconn and ND as well as many teams have taken advantage of this--change- Uconn seems to do this less than others-and in some games they should use what the ref is calling--if you can't change em you should join em mentality.
I too am being entertained by watching Uc Women BB, sometimes it's hard to take seeing OUR kids taking a physical beating in a game once considered a non contact sport.

Reaction Score
Watching this I can't help but think that UConn will be a prime beneficiary of a chorus of whistles blowing every time we happen across these, "physical" match ups. Of course the reality will be something else entirely but I do like the intent of trying to turn these sub fifty point final score slogs into higher scoring affairs. Or at least I think that's what they're aiming for.
Of course the first example used is AS being called for a hold but nobody's perfect.

I don't know why we hear a choir of whistles in some games--they disrupt the flow and reduce the ability to play ones game properly. Players can't play without fear of fouls.
Historically Uconn has been one of the better FT shooting teams. At times early in the season they don't meet their own high standards, but by Tourney --they are better than most. In terms of phyicality in play Uconn gives better than it get , usually. Look at Kia, Shea, others --I called them the enforcers. Kia isn't just playing as a Hockey player--if someone deliberately trys to hurt one of her team--watch her, they will pay.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom