Better Days | The Boneyard

Better Days

Reaction Score
It’s been a long decade. From the fiesta bowl to the toilet bowl. We have had 2 angry men and one clueless kid try to advance the program. We had an AD who was in over his head and another that will forever be viewed as tanning on a beach at a critical juncture while waiting for Michigan to call. And our trajectory on the field has been a straight line down. We have been called out in the press for telling a RKG he wasn’t good enough for the new staff while putting forth atrocious play on the field. and now we process the weeding out the last of those who are not all in on the rebuild.

in the spirit of the holiday season, I see better days ahead. We were never a fit for the AAC. With independence, we have a far more interesting schedule and a new tv contract on the horizon. We have an AD who effectively confessed to how bad things had gotten under what’s his name and we are committed to seeing this rebuild thing thru. We have 20 fresh faced kids who believe they can return UConn to winning on the field. They see something in the school, program, message that led them to Storrs. We should see another 5 in the coming months.

will these solve all of our problems? Of course not. But if you can’t be optimistic around Xmas, when can you be? while one can argue things can’t get worse, I disagree. Regardless, I see better days ahead boys.

Reaction Score
It’s been a long decade. From the fiesta bowl to the toilet bowl. We have had 2 angry men and one clueless kid try to advance the program. We had an AD who was in over his head and another that will forever be viewed as tanning on a beach at a critical juncture while waiting for Michigan to call. And our trajectory on the field has been a straight line down. We have been called out in the press for telling a RKG he wasn’t good enough for the new staff while putting forth atrocious play on the field. and now we process the weeding out the last of those who are not all in on the rebuild.

in the spirit of the holiday season, I see better days ahead. We were never a fit for the AAC. With independence, we have a far more interesting schedule and a new tv contract on the horizon. We have an AD who effectively confessed to how bad things had gotten under what’s his name and we are committed to seeing this rebuild thing thru. We have 20 fresh faced kids who believe they can return UConn to winning on the field. They see something in the school, program, message that led them to Storrs. We should see another 5 in the coming months.

will these solve all of our problems? Of course not. But if you can’t be optimistic around Xmas, when can you be? while one can argue things can’t get worse, I disagree. Regardless, I see better days ahead boys.
Maybe the 10th time is a charm. Based on Randy’s 3 year body of work, I’m not expecting any sudden transformations. Bad decision keeping him around.

Reaction Score
Randy actually helped us out after the Fiesta bowl. We should have hired the biggest high priced named coach we could find and proved to the ACC that we were serious about football. If we had spent 5 million on a coach at that time and showed we were big time spending we would have saved millions and millions of dollars by getting that ACC pay day each year. Didn't matter what the cost was to lure someone away, it clearly was what we needed.

Reaction Score
Randy actually helped us out after the Fiesta bowl. We should have hired the biggest high priced named coach we could find and proved to the ACC that we were serious about football. If we had spent 5 million on a coach at that time and showed we were big time spending we would have saved millions and millions of dollars by getting that ACC pay day each year. Didn't matter what the cost was to lure someone away, it clearly was what we needed.
Exactly, Hathaway totally dropped the ball on the post-Edsall hire. This has been beaten on for years. The options beyond Edsall were Whipple, Bradley from Penn St. and Garrick McGee. There was no effort to sweeten the financial pot and get a real head coach. Hathaway was still focused on UConn being a hoops school

Reaction Score
I do believe that is when uconn football was put on the back burner to simmer...and now the oven is off.

Reaction Score
Class is 79 on rivals. Relatively good for us. Better than any in a long. Randy probably bought himself at least until these kids are juniors.

I agree.
Particularly with recent history and uncertainty surrounding independence.
This class ranking is better than I expected and hopefully not done yet.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Class is 79 on rivals. Relatively good for us. Better than any in a long. Randy probably bought himself at least until these kids are juniors.
I think he has to produce to get that time. This class isn't likely impact that much one way or the the other. Next year decides Randy's fate.

Reaction Score
I think he has to produce to get that time. This class isn't likely impact that much one way or the the other. Next year decides Randy's fate.
Randy gets to 2021, assuming 4+ wins next year and 6+ in 2021.

Reaction Score
Will randy go out and get a OC and let him open up the offense or will he stick with his guy is the big That's the question i would have like to been ask at the press conference

Reaction Score
As many times as I have been out and about with friends and family it seems like the talk was centered around several subjects, mainly the Sox, Yankee's, Patriot's, Giants, Uconn Men and Women's basketball, even local high school sports. Uconn football just never seemed to take a toe hold in the conversations.

Reaction Score
Let me get this straight. A recruiting class of 79 (not finished yet) that hasn't taken a class much less a snap buys a losing coach 3 more years. I guess Santa really is real :)

Reaction Score
Will randy go out and get a OC and let him open up the offense or will he stick with his guy is the big That's the question i would have like to been ask at the press conference

And you would ask that of the guy who reached in to his own pocket to keep the real OC and not ask that of the AD? Sounds like you're ready to join the local horde, and equally qualified. Be sure to tweet out something from your next presser that completely misstates what was said to get a hit or 2 on your facebook page

Reaction Score
I often wonder where we'd be right now if HCRE v.1 hadn't ended. Would we have regressed? Stagnated? Improved?

At worst we would have stayed about the same. Edsall, Schiano, Rodriguez and some others hit their pinnacle in the Big East and probably should have never left. Such is life.

Reaction Score
Randy paying a coach out of his he shouldn't have to do but he need a better OC a question that can be ask i no football been coaching it 27 years so go to your face book page for likes

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I am a long, long time season ticket (30+ years) holder and I am impressed with this incoming class and will continue to support RE2 and the football program. RE1 had some great years and this current recruiting class in reminiscent of those he attained at that time. All he needs is an above average QB to start things rolling.
Things aren't going to change overnight and there will be no reasonably decent alternatives ready to climb into the pilot seat with the 1st year of indy play and a ridiculous salary scale. Things aren't going to change until there is some success and fannies in the seats at the Rent. RE2 will be here at least 3 more years and I will support him. He is recruiting as he did when there was a successful program and bringing in young men I wouldn't even think of last year. Don't know what he is doing but we are looking at added size, speed, and athleticism.
The naysayers can continue to complain but until there is a viable alternative that is reasonable and fits with what the current fiscal mandates, I hope those who are fans will continue to support the program. Football is an important program and has a storied history at UConn.

Reaction Score
Randy paying a coach out of his he shouldn't have to do but he need a better OC a question that can be ask i no football been coaching it 27 years so go to your face book page for likes
I think he offered because he knew he was not going to return

Reaction Score
What? Come on guys at least try to use proper English. Your embarrassing yourself and the school you(hopefully didn't graduate from) profess to care for.

Reaction Score
If DB didn’t can RE after this season and what he has done so far, I have bad news for everyone who wants a change. This dumpster fire is going the full five years, folks. Buckle up.

Reaction Score

What?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom