Best UConn Screeners Over the Years | The Boneyard

Best UConn Screeners Over the Years

Reaction Score
unfortunately it's a pretty short list for younger fans. i think that's about to change.

Reaction Score
I'll also toss Kevin Freeman on the list. Freeman and Voskuhl were a nightmare for opposing defenders chasing Rip around screen after screen after double screen. Interesting how that mid-range game is no longer utilized, but those two with Rip's mid-range catch and shoot game were absolutely deadly. Just ask Duke.

C

Chief00

I agree with Jake and he took pride in it. He carved an NBA career out of that, post defense and rebounding.

Reaction Score
I seem to recall Josh Boone being good at setting screens. His name stuck out in my mind.

No doubt for me over the years Jake is the first to pop out when this comes up. As mentioned by others Freeman underrated, Boone solid, Adrien was ok except he liked to slip early a little much. Back in the day John Thomas and Tim Coles stick out and Henefeld was underrated in that category as well. Travis Knight despite being thin held his ground as well.

Reaction Score
The worst? Justin Brown. It's like he hated any contact and would definitely slip out on them.

Reaction Score
/endthread

Michael Jordan said he was one of the best screeners he's ever played with.
Can't tell if this is a joke or not. If serious, could you provide the quote? It would have to be from some pickup games as they never played together.

Jake is one of my all-time favorites and probably our best guy ever in terms of doing all the things to make you win without filling up a stat sheet.

Reaction Score
Can't tell if this is a joke or not. If serious, could you provide the quote? It would have to be from some pickup games as they never played together.

Jake is one of my all-time favorites and probably our best guy ever in terms of doing all the things to make you win without filling up a stat sheet.

Could have been when Jake was in Charlotte and Jordan was in the front office? I'll try to look. That's not a quote you could easily make up.

Reaction Score
Scottie Haralson set a great screen in one of the games after Dysons injury. Perhaps the Pitt road game?

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
I wish Ed Saunders was just a bit wider in the shoulders. He wanted to be on this list.

Reaction Score
Always thought Gavin Edwards did a great job. That was his bread and butter senior year.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
Wasn't screening KO's reason for playing Big Dave O so much?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom