Best Uconn game

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Not saying it's "the Best" but this one comes to mind:

UConn Repays Stanford by Ending Long Streak
By JASON TURBOW DEC. 29, 2012

NO. 2 UCONN UPSETS NO. 1 STANFORD, 61-35
The Huskies snap No. 1 Stanford's nation-leading 82-game home unbeaten run.

Dec. 29, 2012

“Connecticut came in here on a mission,” Stanford Coach Tara VanDerveer said. “Mission accomplished.”

“That Connecticut team was the standard,” Ogwumike said after the game. “Now we’ve experienced the standard.”

A very long day for Chiney...

8432815.jpeg

It's not every day when somebody else (other than us) is ranked #1 and we get to clinically dismantle them piece by piece ON THEIR HOME COURT, particularly when it's Tara and Stanford.

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
2013 UCONN @Maryland. KML & Morgan both hurt. Stefanie Dolson in foul trouble and Bria Hartley shooting 0 for 11 on 3pt attempts. What made the game sort of personal & special for me is that my Daughter had played AAU basketball with or against 3 of the starters for each team.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Final Uconn Tennessee game in 1995.This is the most important game in their history and started this whole ball of wax called superiority over an entire sporting industry.There aren't a whole lot of situations like this in New England to root for at the collegiate level and i was in disbelief and like many others suddenly became more than just a casual fan of wcbb.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I don't know if it is the best game. As others have noted, how do you put a label of the best on one game with this tradition of ecellence? So, I'll go with my best single play when it mattered:

Reaction Score
I don't know if it is the best game. As others have noted, how do you put a label of the best on one game with this tradition of ecellence? So, I'll go with my best single play when it mattered:

Wow, what a great clip. Almost hard to watch the memories it calls up are so strong.

Reaction Score
Most recently,
UConn beat FSU 78 - 76, Napheesa had 28 and Chong had 16 (6-6) pts.

The Seminoles trailed 65-59, but had a chance to tie it with 13.7 seconds left when Brittany Brown was fouled on a 3-point attempt by Kia Nurse. She made the first two to get within 77-76, but missed the third. The Huskies could not secure the ball and FSU (1-1) retained possession when it went out of bounds.

Shakayla Thomas then drove the lane, but her shot was blocked Collier. Crystal Dangerfield made the first free throw, but missed the second. Imani Wright missed a 3-pointer at the buzzer.

Reaction Score
Final Uconn Tennessee game in 1995.This is the most important game in their history and started this whole ball of wax called superiority over an entire sporting industry.There aren't a whole lot of situations like this in New England to root for at the collegiate level and i was in disbelief and like many others suddenly became more than just a casual fan of wcbb.
+1
At halftime, with all the foul trouble, there was absolutely no way UConn is going to win this one! :)

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
you have ever seen??

Just to mention one that hasn't been mentioned yet: the 1995 regional final vs. Virginia. An incredibly close game to the very end. Possibly the loudest crowd I've heard at Gampel.

Reaction Score
The 2000 chanpionship game in Philly v. TN, when UConn ran a clinic on how to do a backdoor play. Was a great game, especially if you were in the arena.
This would be my choice, though the outcome was not in doubt for much of the game. Sue, Swin, Svet, Shea were all healthy and played great, and Kelly blocked seven shots. Just surgical precision on offense. I believe this game elevated UConn to elite status, as Tennessee's equal.

Reaction Score
2003 National semifinal game vs Texas. Closest game ever!

#2: 2003 NC game vs TN. Stayed in the arena (Georgia Dome) for an hour afterward, watching net cutting ceremony, etc. Sue, Swin, et al, were sitting in good seats. They stayed for the whole party too, holding up pre-printed newspapers with 3" headlines about UConn winning the NC.

These were games where the outcome was far from predetermined. Made seeing this live that much sweeter:
upload_2017-2-16_21-4-46.png

Reaction Score
My first ever, almost by accident while channel surfing, final vs Tennessee in '95 and last year's vs South Carolina because it was such a special team and the only game I've seen in person.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
My favorite (where I was able to bring my niece) was the 98-38 devastation of MSU in the Bridgeport regional semifinals at Webster Bank Arena. I also like tho think that that was one of the key motivations for MSU turning into a realistic FF participant so quickly.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom