OT: - Best Slow Dance Songs | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Slow Dance Songs

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Ok not the "best" or maybe even good. However, I remember dancing to it with one of my first girlfriends. Probably first one I ever danced with....in someone's basement party.

Muskrat Love - Captain and Tennille
I saw the band America in Jorgenson back then. Apparently they wrote it and were pertubed that C and T made a hit of it instead of America. They called them Captain and Toenail.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I saw the band America in Jorgenson back then. Apparently they wrote it and were pertubed that C and T made a hit of it instead of America. They called them Captain and Toenail.
Checking into this, it was actually written by a guy named Willis Alan Ramsey, who originally recorded it. Original title was Muskrat Candlelight. America did a cover of it for one of their albums and changed the name to Muskrat Love. Basically because they needed 1 more song. Each guy of America had written 3, so they had 9 and wanted a 10th song for the album.

Toni heard their version on the radio and liked it. C&T added it to their lounge act and eventually decided to record it. But yes it did become a pretty good hit for C&T, but not so much for America.

Reaction Score
“Stairway to Heaven”
At the “Old” Hall High dances, there was an audible “Ohhhhh” at the intro to this song.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom