Best Rock n' Roll Piano Performers | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Best Rock n' Roll Piano Performers

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Herbie Hancock
Roger Troutman

Herbie Hancock played Jorgenson in 1983 at the height of his mainstream popularity. The Future Shock album. Rockit. Didn't even sell the joint out. Being from SW CT I listened to KTU & BLS in the summer and knew what was up. Pretty sure I was with the fun guy that night

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Page McConnell has some pretty good chops on the keyboards.

I see we have some fellow B3 fans here. Check out Brian Auger, Charles Earland, Robert Walter and Marco Benevento.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
I see we have some fellow B3 fans here. Check out Brian Auger, Charles Earland, Robert Walter and Marco Benevento.

Add Middletown Connecticut native, but long time New Orleans based, Joe Ashlar to that list. I know Marco agrees, I saw them B3 duel on Jam Cruise 5-6 year-end ago and it was face melting

Reaction Score
This name won't make any sense to anyone, but I saw Hermeto Pascoal at Jazz Fest in 2000. They call him the wizard. He is, according to Facebook, "a legendary figure in the history of Brazilian music." He was unbelievable, just wailing on the keyboard and screaming gibberish (or maybe Portuguese) into the mic.

Reaction Score
Herbie Hancock played Jorgenson in 1983 at the height of his mainstream popularity. The Future Shock album. Rockit. Didn't even sell the joint out. Being from SW CT I listened to KTU & BLS in the summer and knew what was up. Pretty sure I was with the fun guy that night

I think it was 1984 or 1985. I lived in the Jungle at the time.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Page McConnell has some pretty good chops on the keyboards.

if you are going that route it’s Cory Henry and then a bunch who wish they were Cory Henry. You ever see what he did at Melvin crispells funeral?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
if you are going that route it’s Cory Henry and then a bunch who wish they were Cory Henry. You ever see what he did at Melvin crispells funeral?

No, but he's great, too.

I'm a huge sucker for the B3. Hits my sweet spot and there are so many I like. I've only discovered guys like Auger and Earland in the past few years and their work blows me away. I forgot Dr. Lonnie Smith, too, whom I've known of longer and seen several times.

Also David Torkanowksy, Davell Crawford and Henry Butler on piano.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
No, but he's great, too.

I'm a huge sucker for the B3. Hits my sweet spot and there are so many I like. I've only discovered guys like Auger and Earland in the past few years and their work blows me away. I forgot Dr. Lonnie Smith, too, whom I've known of longer and seen several times.

Also David Torkanowksy, Davell Crawford and Henry Butler on piano.

Two words then:

Joey DeFrancesco

have fun with that rabbit hole

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Two words then:

Joey DeFrancesco

have fun with that rabbit hole
Oh I know him. I listen to the SiriusXM Real Jazz Station 90% of the time at work (like now) and they play him all the time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom