Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I miss the fierce husky :(

This is the one yall need to bring back

ennuihusky.jpg

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Love that old Arizona logo. Adia has had permission from time to time for coaches to wear that logo. It was in place when she played.

Reaction Score
Coming in at #34 Goldy the Gopher getting some love!! Always one of my favorites.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Love so many of these! Does anyone know what the pictorial etymology is to the sinister animal depictions with sailor hats, such as 13-15 and 24? So many old school mascots feature some version of that pictography, and I've always wondered why that was such a common early-mid 20th century trope. (and Auburn, Michigan, and LSU ought to have sued the daylights put of each other, because two of the three were involved in pretty blatant IP infringement.)

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Love so many of these! Does anyone know what the pictorial etymology is to the sinister animal depictions with sailor hats, such as 13-15 and 24? So many old school mascots feature some version of that pictography, and I've always wondered why that was such a common early-mid 20th century trope. (and Auburn, Michigan, and LSU ought to have sued the daylights put of each other, because two of the three were involved in pretty blatant IP infringement.)
Hey don't leave BYU out of the plagiarism, #27 looks a lot like those others you mentioned.

Which came first, Washington or Wisconsin? Those look almost the same, other than a different mascot and different colors. The W is the same font and the mascot is located in exactly the same spot.

Reaction Score
Perhaps military pride was at a high point and this was a way to tie your team to that patriotism?

Reaction Score
I just found this article. Just below the row of logos is the explanation you seek...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom