Best Presser Ever - Jeff Walz from Louisville with some help. | The Boneyard

Best Presser Ever - Jeff Walz from Louisville with some help.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
The thought did cross my mind a little. :oops:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I thought Jeff had a good contract that would allow him to afford a babysitter. ;)

The kid is cute, and Jeff seems to be a good family man, but I'm not sure why she's at the presser. Which day was Curmudgeon Day?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I thought Jeff had a good contract that would allow him to afford a babysitter. ;)

The kid is cute, and Jeff seems to be a good family man, but I'm not sure why she's at the presser. Which day was Curmudgeon Day?
He said everyone in his family was home with the flu. Apparently he does not have a good relationship with any of his assistant coaches since he did not trust them enough to leave his daughter with them (see what I did there - created a false rumor out of a supposition and assumption with no supporting evidence - sort of like people who had negative comments about Geno after hearing one sentence from him regarding our recently departed player)...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Adorable but come on, Geno and CD would have had that kid following instructions. :rolleyes:
Reading off stats, no doubt. ;)

Have to say you can tell a lot about a person by the way they interact with an overtired kid while trying to do something else. Kind of like Waltz a little more after this.

(Though funny, it was a little disrespectful of the press who have stories to write.)

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
Reading off stats, no doubt. ;)

Have to say you can tell a lot about a person by the way they interact with an overtired kid while trying to do something else. Kind of like Waltz a little more after this.

(Though funny, it was a little disrespectful of the press who have stories to write.)

Re: the press. They show up
When they want to, and are not constant supporters of the program. ( oh, everyone is now, since we had such a great start and have only lost one game). They can either wait patiently and enjoy the adorable little one or they can go back to not covering women’s basketball.

Anyone who knows Walz knows he is a great family man. Both of his youngest kids are all around the program, all the time. He is always super with kids. At the recent Miami game ( which was st 11:00 am b/c it was marketed to schools to bring their classes) he spent time ahead of the game in each quadrant of the arena talking to the kids.

This picture was him speaking with some young fans at at the Yum Center from the opposing team ( Vandy maybe). For all the digs he gets, he really is a great guy.

Attachments

• B8208544-D87F-473C-961C-895F2169CAD6.jpeg
    B8208544-D87F-473C-961C-895F2169CAD6.jpeg
    756.9 KB · Views: 72

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
He said everyone in his family was home with the flu. Apparently he does not have a good relationship with any of his assistant coaches since he did not trust them enough to leave his daughter with them (see what I did there - created a false rumor out of a supposition and assumption with no supporting evidence - sort of like people who had negative comments about Geno after hearing one sentence from him regarding our recently departed player)...
The kid is adorable, but it was difficult to have a press conference. If she and Jeff were the only healthy ones, I guess that makes sense.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Re: the press. They show up
When they want to, and are not constant supporters of the program. ( oh, everyone is now, since we had such a great start and have only lost one game). They can either wait patiently and enjoy the adorable little one or they can go back to not covering women’s basketball.

Anyone who knows Walz knows he is a great family man. Both of his youngest kids are all around the program, all the time. He is always super with kids. At the recent Miami game ( which was st 11:00 am b/c it was marketed to schools to bring their classes) he spent time ahead of the game in each quadrant of the arena talking to the kids.

This picture was him speaking with some young fans at at the Yum Center from the opposing team ( Vandy maybe). For all the digs he gets, he really is a great guy.

I like Jeff Walz and have a lot of respect for him as a coach.

Geno will retire sometime, and I hope Walz is somehow in the running to replace him.

That's one cute and good-natured kid. I know some people aren't crazy about 3-4-year-olds, but I miss having one in the house.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
So how many kid's will Walz bring to the post game presser after UConn's game to deflect "those" questions :rolleyes:

Oh never mind, they are on the road.

Reaction Score
I think she's adorable and from reading the prior comments obviously he is a good man and father.
I do though have mixed thoughts about the appropriateness of her being at the press conference at her age and level of development.
I have a two year old first grand child who I love beyond words.
I think one needs to balance giving your kids and grandkids every possible life experiences, with making them the queen / king of the ball.
I'm just not sure where this falls!
Bronx23

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom