Best player? Phil Nolan | The Boneyard

Best player? Phil Nolan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So huge down the stretch. Two huge stops in the lane, a turnover forced off of a Hayes catch, a drawn foul & two big free throws, and the game-clinching drawn charge.

HUGE!!!

So happy for the kid. Hopefully Enoch was taking notes.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Strong game for Phil. Shonn had a period of time when he was sleepwalking on D and KF is just too weak to handle the Gtown bigs.
Steve also looked pretty good the limited time he was in

Reaction Score
So huge down the stretch. Two huge stops in the lane, a turnover forced off of a Hayes catch, a drawn foul & two big free throws, and the game-clinching drawn charge.

HUGE!!!

I was gonna say the same thing, I think he was the player of the game. NEVER thought I would say that....have been a huge critic. But he made all the big and small plays today and even hit those two huge free throws. Very happy for him, we lose without him today.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

HUGE!!!

Enoch drew a charge, so I think he was.

Reaction Score
Many things he did during that game which were crazy important - HUGE game from Phil. He created the big steal on the top of the key for Purvis when he jumped out and held his spot not allowing Rivera to shoot it and in turn throw a crappy pass. And his physical presence held Hayes at bay, he was very active, very active. He was the key especially in the 2nd half. As well as a huge follow up on a DHam missed lay in.

Thanks Phil and congrats

Reaction Score
Enoch drew a charge, so I think he was.
He also set a string of screens that really freed up Gibbs, he outplayed Nolan in the first half . Only to be never seen again.

Reaction Score
Phil does not have to apologize to anyone. He has really stepped up his game, been in the right position on defense almost every time and made enough plays whether it be a charge or a foul shot.

Even when brimah comes back this kid showed that he can give this team something and not just chew up some garbage minutes.

Reaction Score
Phil does not have to apologize to anyone. He has really stepped up his game, been in the right position on defense almost every time and made enough plays whether it be a charge or a foul shot.

Even when brimah comes back this kid showed that he can give this team something and not just chew up some garbage minutes.

Not sure what he was going through early this year, injury or just crappy practices, but he's shown up when we've needed him for sure the last few games. His understanding of the game is perfect for the other bigs when he is in there.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Would love @tcf15 to dial up a .gif of that charge

Reaction Score
Best...charge-take...ever.

I wonder what @Fishy thinks.
No one just stands there better than him. To all seriousness, Phil has played very well lately. He was definitely playing injured last year and I think even at the beginning of this year. He just seems to get off the floor much better and is just playing smart basketball. He seems like such a great kid, I couldn't be happier for him.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I didn't see the game but congrats to Phil. The radio call didn't give him justice compared to what I'm reading on this board (I had to turn off the game with 2 1/2 minutes left because my daughter's basketball game was starting).

Phil becomes a huge liability against the lower D-1 teams who have 6'7" centers who chuck threes and against small ball teams. The more traditional of a team UConn plays, the more opportunities he has to make a positive difference.

Reaction Score
Phil was a beast down the stretch, doing the little things that add up. Getting stops, drawing charges, getting rebounds. #PhilTime

Reaction Score
His high pick and roll D was outstanding in the 2nd half. Very active, very intense, and great recognition!

Reaction Score
Phil was definitely the player of the game. He locked down their center, did all of the little things like rebounding and solid switching defense. Good for him.

Reaction Score
The way Phil got trucked on the last charge call it reminded me of the old Batman TV show. The replay should show a big KAPOWIE!. His feet were a 2 feet off the floor and he was airborne flying backwards. Enoch should have gotten some minutes in the second half as he did well facing the huge G-Town interior. Phil hitting those foul shots when he had taken 3 shots up to that point- all layups- was huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom