Best player on this team is Donovan clingan | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Best player on this team is Donovan clingan

Reaction Score
I am not on the start Clingan over Adama bandwagon but they should be much closer to splitting time 50/50 at this point

Season Stats:

Sanogo
Min 522
FTA 62
REB 135
Blks 13

Clingan:
Min: 276
FTA 53
REB 126
Blks 42

Reaction Score
Last night, Sanogo's +/- was -12 in 29 minutes, by far the worst on the team. Clingan's was +11, by far the BEST on the team and only played 11 minutes. I know he was in foul trouble, but the 11 minute part is still coaching malpractice.
DC needs to figure out his fouling issue quick. He had two absolutely horrible ones last night and it completely took him out of the game. He's committed 8 fouls in the last 21 minutes of game time and in conference play he's averaging 7.6 fouls/40 minutes.

Reaction Score
I should change the title of thread to most important player. That’s what I really meant. I don’t care who is better than who. But I do think it’s important to have Donovan on the floor as many minutes as he can go. I’m a believer that Adama can defend more mobile 4s or big 3s.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
When was involved in tennis I was a USTA verifier. The job was to rate a player from 1 to 7 (usually 2.5 to 5+).

When training to be a verifier we watched dozens of marchers over several hours. The players on the court had years playing in adult leagues, and had a consistently solid rating.

After a few hours we all met and compared our ratings. On most courts most verifiers had person "A" as higher than person "B," mentioning footwork, serve, winners vs errors, etc.

A fair amount of the time I was asked why I disagreed, and how I came up with my rating.

"I kept track of the score, and recorded who won and who lost."

My ratings were damn close to a perfect match to each player's rating based on a computer analysis of the several dozen matched they had played.

Ultimately the bottom line is the bottom line. I don't think Clingan has been given enough minutes to draw the same conclusions you state above.
It's a Cart - Horse thing. I'm only suggesting why he hasn't been given minutes by his coaches. I believe (and as I said the substitutions back it up) that they are very concerned about his defense against centers that aren't primarily post players. Might they be wrong? I suppose, but they see him in practice. Could they alter the defense to mitigate that risk? I think they tried to and the result has been confusion among all the guys. Could we say the positives outweigh that risk and just go with it? Absolutely. So far the coaches have not done that.

It's going to be interesting, because some kind of change has to come soon.

Reaction Score
One play they passed it to Clingan at the basket and without hesitation he passed it out to the 3 point line. 7'2" with the ball at the rim.

Baby Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

Reaction Score
One play they passed it to Clingan at the basket and without hesitation he passed it out to the 3 point line. 7'2" with the ball at the rim.

Baby Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN
The way he was bricking layups last night I can see why. He had at least 3 missed bunnies, uncharacteristic.

Reaction Score
DC needs to figure out his fouling issue quick. He had two absolutely horrible ones last night and it completely took him out of the game. He's committed 8 fouls in the last 21 minutes of game time and in conference play he's averaging 7.6 fouls/40 minutes.
Yeah. I rewatched the game today. He had that awful foul at the 3 point line and 2 other bad fouls. The team clearly plays better with him in the game, he just needs to stay on the court.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom