Best places to go to watch Away games | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Best places to go to watch Away games

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
How do we not have a designated UConn bar in Hartford county? Or am I blanking on something? Years ago I'd have said Coach's but not sure about now.

Reaction Score
Chicago Sam's in Enfield just went through a complete make-over and it's looking pretty spiffy...new floors, furniture, paint and new tv's including a large screen up front.

111.jpg

Reaction Score
If I lived closer and didn't just work down here, the new Bobby V's in Stamford would be a great spot to post up for College Gameday. Very "sports book" setup behind the bar with all the TV's. Definitely a more polished look than the original. There is an OTB upstairs too for the pony betters.

Reaction Score
Very similar to my experience lol. I went in the bathroom and a man and woman were in the stall. Woman came out of the stall as I pulled up to a urinal. She goes, "What, do you have stage fright?" I said no and laughed, and then she says, "Don't worry, once you've seen one you've seen 'em all." She then actually tried to peer over the little wall next to the urinal and check out my junk. My friends had told me Free Spirit was another level of bizarre, and I didn't really believe it until that moment.
That's Linda for ya! Likes to be in the stall but very up front out in public.

Reaction Score
The link below has a bunch of UConn football game watches by month sponsored by UConn Alumni. Is it worth going to the Orange Ale House for a game? I've never been there.

I loved going to Van Diemens in Manhattan to watch the big bball and football games. The previous owner was a UConn alum (I think) and gave away so many free shots after a big win. My best moments there were UConn's Final Four run in 2011 and Teggarts kick to send us off to the Tostitos Bowl! It went from funeral quiet before the kick to "Holy Shoot" we freakin won loud.

UConn Alumni Events

UVA vs. UConn Football Game Watch
Welcome to the Neighborhood Party and UVA vs. UConn Football Game Watch

Reaction Score
We're probably going to the Orange Ale House tomorrow but will be in the main bar, not at the UCONN event. The burgers are good and they have a good beer selection, lots of TVs.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
I prefer the Free Spirit in Vernon.

iv'e never been there before but i just moved out the vernon area. good place to watch a game?

After reading all of the responses about this tremendous establishment I cant wait to visit lol

Reaction Score
I've mentioned this before, but Van Diemans in NYC (Murray Hill) has a solid atmosphere and offers UConn centric deals on food and beer during the games.

It must be new people that have organized it the past 1-2 years, because when I went before, they wouldn't even have the UConn game on and it was supposed to be a UConn bar.

Just so happens I'll be in NYC Saturday and will try to check this place out. If I can get the wife to agree to it........

Reaction Score
The stadium at which Uconn is visiting would be the best place to watch the game

TKs

Reaction Score
IMG_9449.JPG
At TK's in Danbury we've had a UConn Fan Club since 1990 for Football & Basketball. Wear ur Husky gear & pay what they're ranked (75c this week) for every other Beer. Some of our wildest nights ever have been during UConn March Madness/Final Fours. The Fiesta Bowl was nuts for about a half. We always have the Huskies on the Big Screen. TK

Reaction Score
There was about 8 people in Bobby V's in Windsor LOCKS today. I think I sat next to Dick Butkus.

Attachments

• IMG_0291.JPG
    IMG_0291.JPG
    690 KB · Views: 40
Reaction Score
We watched the game at Orange Ale House. Maybe ten folks for the official alumni event, less than five UConn fans at the bar. Food is good, staff was friendly, but definitely not a UConn hot spot yet.

Reaction Score
View attachment 24890 At TK's in Danbury we've had a UConn Fan Club since 1990 for Football & Basketball. Wear ur Husky gear & pay what they're ranked (75c this week) for every other Beer. Some of our wildest nights ever have been during UConn March Madness/Final Fours. The Fiesta Bowl was nuts for about a half. We always have the Huskies on the Big Screen. TK

Is it still 25 cent wings when Westconn wins???????

Reaction Score
Opponents' stadiums ?
Historical and fairly attractive campus site aside, Scott Stadium is not among the better "Opponents' stadiums". Of course, a not so good home team playing a currently not so great visitor may not help.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom