OT: - Best Places To Get A Drink After An XL Game? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Places To Get A Drink After An XL Game?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Piggybacking on this thread. I'm going to the UConn vs BC hockey game with my wife and another couple. It will be my first time at XL in years. Since I'm the only local of the 4 of us, I'd like to know what I can recommend for a pre-game meal and post game beer. Pub type places for after.

My era was Civic Pub, Russian Lady, Challengers like @mauconnfan. Those were the days. We are staying at the Hilton for the night, so something close enough. Any thoughts on Black Eyed Sally's for food? Best craft beer selection for after?

Last edited:

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
City Steam for cool local brewery options. Good food hit Sorella on Pratt.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Any thoughts on Black Eyed Sally's for food? Best craft beer selection for after?
I went to Sally's last month and it was as strong as ever. The fried chicken was outstanding. And I always love their gumbo. Before the BU game, we went to Agave for the first time since COVID and it too was as good as ever. I love the hard shell BBQ Pork tacos.

Like I mentioned before, we hit The Tavern post-game. It's right out the back door (behind Sec 107) and on the way to the car. It's a pub-type place with a good number of craft beers on tap, I'm thinking at least 20. Funny thing, I rarely find anything there I'm too thrilled about. But at least they always seem to have Headway.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Piggybacking on this thread. I'm going to the UConn vs BC hockey game with my wife and another couple. It will be my first time at XL in years. Since I'm the only local of the 4 of us, I'd like to know what I can recommend for a pre-game meal and post game beer. Pub type places for after.

My era was Civic Pub, Russian Lady, Challengers like @mauconnfan. Those were the days. We are staying at the Hilton for the night, so something close enough. Any thoughts on Black Eyed Sally's for food? Best craft beer selection for after?
City Steam, Vito's Trattoria, and Salute are all in walking distance. I would recommend City Steam.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
When I went to Trinity in the dark ages, my favorite upscale place in downtown was 36 Lewis Street. When did that go away?
Yeah that was quite the scene in the 80s and 90s. I was only there a few times but the place was always buzzing;

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
When I went to Trinity in the dark ages, my favorite upscale place in downtown was 36 Lewis Street. When did that go away?
I went to Trinity too! But not in the dark ages. My parents told me 36 Lewis Street used to be a real cool spot. That street is really cool too - kind of hidden, low-key, and right by the park.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom