Best Places around Manchester/South Windsor/Vernon to Watch the AXS B4A UConn Games? | The Boneyard

Best Places around Manchester/South Windsor/Vernon to Watch the AXS B4A UConn Games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Seeing the AXS is not available for many of us, where would you recommend most to catch these games in the Manchester/South Windor/Vernon area? I'd like to catch Wednesday night's game somewhere good.

It s*cks that the first game is on this network and that it's at 9:30 PM. Good Grief!!! How does this sort of thing happen.

Now in the scheme of things, not able to watch a UConn game in the cozy confines of my family room on the wide screen with surround sound isn't that big of a deal. Though sporting events, such as these, are a nice diversion away from the pressures and craziness of life, and like many, I have my share of them. Now with that said, I'm truly thankful for all that fills my little existence. I love my kids and friends. I have home in a wonderful community, good health for the most part, and root for a Hoops program that I'm so proud of year after year. There are so many on this sphere that are dealing with much bigger problems and have so much less. Missing a hoops gain pails in comparison to what many have to deal with such as the poor folks in Paris and other places around the globe that were and are in harms way. Just thought I'd put my petty concern in perspective.

Anyhow, if anyone has some good ideas and wants to hook up somewhere please chime in. I think a buddy of mine will join me though he just came back from a business trip in India and can barely stay awake when he comes over to watch things at my house...hum...I wonder if that's more of an indictment on how interesting or not I might be. :)

DM

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure there is a gathering of at least a few at Bobby V's by the airport. They have called and confirmed that the game will be on there.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I would guess the Wood n Tap in Vernon right off of I-84 Exit 67? (Old Vernon Circle Exit)would have it. It's where they broadcast a bunch of the coach's shows (or at least they used to).

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure there is a gathering of at least a few at Bobby V's by the airport. They have called and confirmed that the game will be on there.

I'm looking for a place to watch it as well, Bobby V's sounds good. Thanks.

Reaction Score
How is Bobby V's for watching and hearing the game. I hate watching games at bars where you can't hear the play-by-play. Now the Airport isn't exactly all that close to the Manchester/S.Windsor/Vernon area.

WoodNTap is right around the corner. How is the WoodNTap for watching a game there? Anyone interested in meeting up at the WoodNTap tonight?

Reaction Score
Chicago Sams Enfield - may have my 20 year old go watch it with me and drive if I can't figure something out. LOL

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

As a Red Sox fan, I've got a mandatory boycott of anything Bobby Valentine related. Going to try my luck at BWW, Cory's Catsup and Mustard or Wood N Tap.

Reaction Score
Chicago Sams Enfield - may have my 20 year old go watch it with me and drive if I can't figure something out. LOL
Mau, you live anywhere near Vernon? Let me know if you want to join me there. I'm assuming you're much closer to Enfield though. If not, let me know if you want me to save a seat at the cool guys table, assuming I can score one.

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
How is Bobby V's for watching and hearing the game. I hate watching games at bars where you can't hear the play-by-play. Now the Airport isn't exactly all that close to the Manchester/S.Windsor/Vernon area.

WoodNTap is right around the corner. How is the WoodNTap for watching a game there? Anyone interested in meeting up at the WoodNTap tonight?
If it's anything like our 2014 title run it sucks we had to beg them to put the volume on when we got there and every TV time out they'd put the music back on. I haven't been to a sporting event there since besides horse racing.

Reaction Score
If it's anything like our 2014 title run it sucks we had to beg them to put the volume on when we got there and every TV time out they'd put the music back on. I haven't been to a sporting event there since besides horse racing.
FWIW, the person I spoke to on the phone said they will likely put the sound up for the game at the WoodNTap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom