Best performance by a UConn QB in 10 years? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Best performance by a UConn QB in 10 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Keep in mind, Casey is the 8th QB to pass for over 300 yards versus Rutgers this year. His stats could just be due to the fact that Rutgers has no secondary.

Reaction Score
The kid played very well notwithstanding that RU has the 2nd worst pas defense in the country. I like his poise. Put the ball where he needed to. Great game.

Reaction Score
Keep in mind, Casey is the 8th QB to pass for over 300 yards versus Rutgers this year. His stats could just be due to the fact that Rutgers has no secondary.

True, but I think the most pertinent issue is how many UCONN QB's have thrown for 300 yards this year?

Reaction Score
If Casey had started the same games that Boyle had started instead, do you think he would have done that much better? I think one could easily argue that if he gone to Casey after Whitmer we would have seen Boyle playing in this game and everyone would be singing his praises as the next Dan Orlovsky.
I disagree.
CC may make mistakes like the other two, but what separtes him from them is his ability to step up in the pocket under pressure and make a play with his arm..and he doesn't get flustered.. He's not afraid out there. Well done young man, u r taking the bull by the horns. U deserve to be our starting QB.

Reaction Score
I definitely feel like Tyler Lorenzen's first game against Duke was a pretty great game from a UConn QB. DJ Hernandez had 4 TDs in that crazy Pitt game.

Reaction Score
The kid is a gamer and imposes his will. He is not our best pure QB, but he might be the best QB we have for real.

Reaction Score
I hear Casey is seven feet tall and consumes opponents with fireballs from his eyes and bolts of lightning from his arse.

Pisses fire too...

image.jpg

Reaction Score
Awesome performance. Wasn't fazed by the pass rush and made good decisions. Very accurate too down the field. I know RU's pass defense has been terrible all year, but after what we have gone through at the QB position recently today was a breath of fresh air.

Reaction Score
Casey needs to scan a little more, he did very good today, but I just want him to observe a little more of his surroundings.

Reaction Score
Best over the last two seasons, but not the best since O.

More importantly, he was terrific today. No need to rank it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The biggest key I saw today was CC's decision making. One play in particular was in the 4th quarter and Uconn was driving for the go ahead touchdown. It was a blitz and the hot read was to the near receiver towards the sideline. CC saw the db jump the route and threw the ball out of bounds. How many times have we seen Whitmer or Boyle throw that pick 6 right there? Composure and confidence in a qb is huge, plus no turnovers = a win. Nice job by Cochran today.

Reaction Score
Cochran made better reads and throws today. Rutgers pass defense is weak but he should be building confidence towards next year! His accuracy still needs to improve. Got to stop throwing into double coverage. He should just take what the defense gives in mismatches and single coverage. He did check down which I liked but he got to make sure he doesn't stare down 1 receiver all the time like Whitmer.

Reaction Score
Casey had an excellent game. He had by far the best year by an UCONN QB. He was cool and collective under pressure and made some very nice throws that were catch-able by WRs. I think he should definitely be in the lead for the QB job for the next season if he keeps up this performance.

Reaction Score
This is why you try out QBs in actual game situations. Palatine called for giving Cochran a shot and some on here talked about how bad Cochran was in the spring game and that he wasn't a FBS QB. While he may have looked crappy in that "game"....it still made sense to give a guy who has already used his redshirt..a guy who had been well thought of out of HS...a shot at playing.

I am not saying he is the best QB...or future QB...but he definitely deserved a chance to play before they burned Boyle's redshirt. I am sure those who said he didn't deserve a shot will post a "maybe I was wrong" on here.

Right....lol.

There's a wild card. Kivon Taylor, according to early reports, is an incredible athlete with an, albeit, inconsistent, canon. He hasn't played much QB. Green and raw, but the RS year might have added necessary refinements. Here's hoping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom