Best Obama quote... | The Boneyard

Best Obama quote...

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I like how he succinctly captured the season:

“Now most years I think for most teams being a champion isn’t about dominating the way that you did back them. It’s about being at your best when the stakes are highest, and that’s what made this team so special. To get that national title they had to go through a team that, let’s face it, had had your number during some previous games, Notre Dame. Heading into this season’s tournament you had played them three times. You had lost three. That heartbreaker in the Big East finals. After that game some teams might have lowered their sights, but rather than get discouraged Geno gathered you together in the locker room, I understand, and said, `I’m going to show you how to win a championship.’ And as Kelly pointed out, Geno’s pretty good at his job. He knows how to win championships. So it looked tough at the time, but these folks didn’t stop believing in themselves. I have to confess that my bracketology needs to work (Obama picked Baylor to win the title).

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I though Obama did a very nice job.

Reaction Score
That's what Presidents do.
It helps that he's a genuine fan of hoops (and may actually have watched the last 2 games).

Well, whoever briefed him did.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
That's what Presidents do.
It helps that he's a genuine fan of hoops (and may actually have watched the last 2 games).
Agreed. Bush (43) was more a baseball fan. Not sure what sport Clinton followed. Ford I'm sure liked football. Same with Eisenhower (both having played in college).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom