Best network for Uconn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Best network for Uconn

Reaction Score
The best coverage is SNY, but the best exposure is Fox(not FS1, regular Fox) because it is available free of charge on EVERY TV in the country.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
The best coverage is SNY, but the best exposure is Fox(not FS1, regular Fox) because it is available free of charge on EVERY TV in the country.
Fox showed one UConn game. I don't think they have ever shown a single other WBB game. While that did make the game available to the largest possible audience through "TV", the truth of the matter is it appears to be a 1-off. I see no reason to give them, or the other networks (ABC, CBS or NBC) any credit for "not" covering women's basketball.

The comments in this thread about "FS1" and "CBSSN" are not exactly fair, by the way. They have always covered WBB (except as a Regional Fox, SNY didn't get in the picture until they took up UConn), although admittedly (generally) the lesser conferences. Big 12, A10, the Big East while UConn wasn't there, etc.

Announcers (generally) work across several platforms. Of course, the ACC and SEC networks are wholly ESPN outlets. Big10 is a Fox production, I believe, while the PAC network is independent.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
-Anybody but SNY, because of their dog-in-the-manger taking down of the Husky archives. Like Monte, I could not care less about the announcers because they are mostly an irritation anyway. I pretty much mute them all. It seems a job requirement that they talk about anything except what is going on on the court.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
If we are only talking about UConn WBB games, I prefer the "homer" network, SNY.
Are there any other schools that have their own "network" that broadcast their games and shows?
Oklahoma gets a lot of games on FSOK. The announcers are homers. I think select other Big 12 schools have gotten some home game coverage. These are separate from the games that FSN will carry nationally from time to time, generally ACC or Big 12 games.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Personally, I'd like Fox to find a way to reach an agreement with SNY to just directly show the SNY production on FS1 outside of the SNY region. I have been unimpressed with the Fox commentators and their productions. I have to think Fox will get better with women's BE productions now that they have seen the ratings UConn can draw.
FS1 is a national sports network (there is also a FS2, by the way). If UConn wants every game carried on a "national" outlet, I suspect it would cost them - a lot.

SNY is available on DirecTV, regardless of where you live, and women's basketball is not blacked out. Pro games are always blacked out.

As I stated elsewhere, Fox uses announcers from the available selection. Not everyone is exclusive to a particular station. I think UConn fans were complaining about Monica McNutt - well, she was on FS1, CBSSN - and today, on ESPN's ACC Network.

Reaction Score
Unless you live in central NY with Satellite TV. Fox has pulled the local channels again. It's the 3rd time in the last 5 years or so. Thankfully I have a couple other options to me.

Reaction Score
Sometimes it's difficult to believe that Megan played basketball with some of her comments. When Georgetown's player displaced Aaliyah, Megan said it should have been on Aaliyah for over the back. You can't displace a player by backing into them and moving that player 5 or 6 feet.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom