Best Meatball Parm Grinder in Hartford County | The Boneyard

Best Meatball Parm Grinder in Hartford County

Curiouser
Reaction Score
The one at Wethersfield Pizza is very good. Not as good as their chicken parm grinder, but still very good.

Reaction Score
Yanni’s is pretty solid, I’m not a meatball grinder guy tho.

My wife would say Park Lane in WH, but she generally likes her food flavorless.

Reaction Score
And you lived to tell the tale. Amazing.

I grew up in the North End until around 6-7, then the South End until 14. Fortunately escaped the decline of both areas, for the most part.

When I was 4, I woke up to someone climbing in my bedroom window. My screaming scared the guy back out the window. My father was a cop and chased him but didn't catch him.

When I was 7, when my father was at work one night, someone tried to break down our front door with me, my sister and my mother home. Luckily the deadbolt held.

When I was 9 or so, someone pulled behind us in the driveway, blocking us in and looked in the car window with a gun pointed at us. Figured he was looking for my Dad and knew the car. Saw it was a mother and 2 kids and left.

But yes. I lived to tell the tale, I guess. Where'd you grow up, Trust Fund?

Reaction Score
I'm going to proactively vote for Steve's in Newington over the "jumped the shark" Franklin Giant. And I grew up in the South End of Hartford.
I had this a few weeks ago from that exact Steve’s location, and I was not impressed. Maybe because it was a bunch of high school kids working there at that time. Still looking for somewhere that makes a mean meatball grinder.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I grew up in the North End until around 6-7, then the South End until 14. Fortunately escaped the decline of both areas, for the most part.

When I was 4, I woke up to someone climbing in my bedroom window. My screaming scared the guy back out the window. My father was a cop and chased him but didn't catch him.

When I was 7, when my father was at work one night, someone tried to break down our front door with me, my sister and my mother home. Luckily the deadbolt held.

When I was 9 or so, someone pulled behind us in the driveway, blocking us in and looked in the car window with a gun pointed at us. Figured he was looking for my Dad and knew the car. Saw it was a mother and 2 kids and left.

That’s your response to a harmless joke playing off your perpetual portrayal of Hartford as the Sarajevo of New England? I was throwing you a softball and instead of swinging, you threw the bat at me. There’s something wrong with you.

My dad was an educator and my mother a librarian, hardo.

Reaction Score
All of the grinders at Angelo's in Glastonbury are very good. My go-to is the chicken parm but I have also had meatball parm and sausage parm and a combination meatball/sausage and they have all been outstanding.

Reaction Score
A vote for George's in Unionville. I go there on every trip to the frozen North because the pizza down here is awful. Well, not awful, but not nearly as good as it is in the Northeast.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
There was a deli called La Familia in Bristol, which was excellent. Looks like they've closed up shop.

Reaction Score
I second George's in Unionville and will throw in Claudia's on Rt. 4 in Farmington as well.

And if you go to George's, get a Canadian Mountie grinder as well.

Reaction Score
Angelo’s in Glastonbury, Corner Grinder in Hartford (I heard they’re moving to Weathersfield tho)

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I'm going to proactively vote for Steve's in Newington over the "jumped the shark" Franklin Giant. And I grew up in the South End of Hartford.

Deep where am I now?

Attachments

• C789E7D6-63A2-448E-8B51-072117BD501D.jpeg
    C789E7D6-63A2-448E-8B51-072117BD501D.jpeg
    730.9 KB · Views: 294

August_West

Reaction Score
Deep where am I now?
Btw it’s good . I went on your rec. no regrets but no way best in Hartford county. I should’ve known better after your Maine lobster roll debacle

Reaction Score
Does anybody have any recommendations for the Springfield area? Thinking of going up to MGM soon and might really need one after lol.

Reaction Score
Btw it’s good . I went on your rec. no regrets but no way best in Hartford county. I should’ve known better after your Maine lobster roll debacle

Glad you tried it. I’ll take it over the “jump the shark” overpriced Franklin giant any day.

August_West

Reaction Score
Glad you tried it. I’ll take it over the “jump the shark” overpriced Franklin giant any day.

it was soggy and falling apart at the bottom. The meatballs were good though, although I think Wethersfields get the nod for size and flavor.

and I wouldve rather seen sliced mootz on it than shredded it was kinda skimpy.

It actually held up better later that evening on the amount we took home. I threw a slice of provolone on a quarter and put it in the air fryer to reheat and it toasted up the bread nicely and gave it some structure.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Amato's Pizza in Madison makes great meatballs. I'm big on the meatball salad (exactly what it sounds like, a salad with meatballs on top), so I frequently get their meatballs and ricotta app and a garden salad and mix the two. The other night I felt lazy so I just got the meatball parm grinder and it was excellent.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Amato's Pizza in Madison makes great meatballs. I'm big on the meatball salad (exactly what it sounds like, a salad with meatballs on top), so I frequently get their meatballs and ricotta app and a garden salad and mix the two. The other night I felt lazy so I just got the meatball parm grinder and it was excellent.

In following a more Mediterranean diet, I fear this is the way I will need to plot my heading through middle age.

Getting older sucks.

Reaction Score

maybe they were looking for a meatball grinder?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom